empty USPS box..

AMF15

Addicted to Softballfans
Bought a wse on here. Went to PO to pick up and box was empty. It was insured so was told to have sender place claim..I was told it was done tue but have not heard from seller since. Does anyone have any experience with usps insurance? What the turn time etc is? I'm out 200+ bucks w no timeline.. :(

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I believe the proper protocol here is for the seller to refund the buyer and wait out the USPS claim, since the insurance money to will go back to the seller. This has never happened to me before, but I believe this is considered SOP here.

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
I believe the proper protocol here is for the seller to refund the buyer and wait out the USPS claim, since the insurance money to will go back to the seller. This has never happened to me before, but I believe this is considered SOP here.

Sounds right to me.....

surf2snow1

mixednutz

Whoever files the claim an pick who the money goes to, mailer or the person it was addressed to. I'm in the middle of a claim right now for some movies I sold on the bay. Filed about a week and a half ago, haven't heard anything really from USPS.

jaj23

Eye Baller

This is correct

second2noone

the seller should have contacted you. How would he know the bat was missing? Isn't it usually the buyer who complains about an empty box first?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Pay with paypal? File a claim. The seller should refund your money since the claim money is going back to them.

AMF15

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks guys. i have been lucky doing tons of deals on here for last couple of years.. all gtg's w no shipping issues. seller has not offered to refund while waiting for claim to pan out. i have not asked for that, just a timeline for refund. hopefully it works out, will update