Falling in love with bats/Your personal favorite?

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Do the majority of you tend to pick up bats and instantly fall in love with them or if you don't like them from the beginning deal them for something new and try again?

Do you buy a bat and since you spent good money on it keep it for long enough that you've swung it enough times you've grown comfortable and learned to like it?

Or do yo take the simple route and take whatever performs and force yourself to use it like it or not because of performance?

I've experienced all.

My favorite ASA bat of all time is the OG Extended. I spent $240 on it probably in 2009 based off recommendation of a teammate and sight unseen and soon for the next couple years was swinging it an ASA and utrip leagues/tournaments. That was up until I swung a Combat DS Plague and that took over for utrip.

Fast forward a few years later and I found my favorite utrip bat. I bought a Mizuno blackout from a teammate because it was too heavy for him and I needed a bat. Initially i hated it and it probably took couple hundred swings before performance made me stick with it and 500 or so before I could admit I liked it.

Final category was the 09' Ressy titan. I got it in a trade and the performance was great, but sweetspot was too close to the end cap for my liking. After my second bp session with it I dealt it to a teammate who bought it purely off performance.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
White 2pc DC41 was instant love. We're still happy together.

I had the white one with orange writing. Can't remember which year but it was the year before utrip switched to thumb print and i bought it as a no return. It was fire, then failed compression so I got blackout and it made me resent blackout for being a log til it opened up, then led to a couple "baby I'm sorrys"

Biermaj

Coach
My experience with the OG Blackout is very similar in that it was the first bat I bought for myself since I've started playing softball regularly. I stuck with it even though it took me a while to get used to the endload and the punishment on my hands from miss hits while developing a new swing.

It took me (with help of teammates) 2 years of playing one night a week plus very sporadic BP due to my hectic schedule of working nights and becoming a father to reach that legendary status of 500-700 hits to open it up. Now it is my go-to and I can't put it down. I'll continue to swing it until one of us breaks (my bet is on me).

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
All the PST's. Bought my first one when the Powdershell first came out. Paid $500.00 for it. Reason I bought my first one is I would go out to our outdoor batting cage which would open on March 1st and I needed a bat that could take the cold temps in the 20/30's.

I was a novice at the time and never realized about the performance of those bats. I have had everyone except the Vandy and the only one I didn't care for the the Blue Xpst5 for some reason.

In composites it would be the Toxic98's That bat just fitted me perfect.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I was skeptical about my Catty and PST120.

They were my first U-trip bats. I paid $51 for the Catty NIW! Someone listed it on the bat as a 30/30 and didn't post pics. I knew it was either exactly what I wanted or a little league bat, and that either it wasn't a 30/30! The PST cost me $200 lightly used. After beating them both to death(I wasn't as strong back then) they still sucked! I took the Cat to a batting cage after two hits I feel the balls sinking into the bat...after half a doubt I stopped for fear of breaking it. I took it out and dropped a bomb! The PST took time though. I would always swing it for one round of BP as a workout bat and my friend to the same. Eventually we got it pinging. Must have taken well over 1000 hits...again, not as strong back then...at least at the beginnin of those 1000hits. Since the. , I have hit a few bats I didn't like and I usually just let them go. The one exception has been my Raw Steel. It's my only thumbprint bat and I hated it when I got it. After a year I off, I picked it up this year and LOVE it!

ASA was and still is the SRV3. I just started playing u-trip last year, after moving from Iowa, and I love my '14 L1. Close second for ASA would be the OG Salvo.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
My experience with the OG Blackout is very similar in that it was the first bat I bought for myself since I've started playing softball regularly. I stuck with it even though it took me a while to get used to the endload and the punishment on my hands from miss hits while developing a new swing.

It took me (with help of teammates) 2 years of playing one night a week plus very sporadic BP due to my hectic schedule of working nights and becoming a father to reach that legendary status of 500-700 hits to open it up. Now it is my go-to and I can't put it down. I'll continue to swing it until one of us breaks (my bet is on me).

You are far more patient than me. If it would've took that long to get the swings on it to show improvement I would've smashed it on a tree out of frustration.

All the PST's. Bought my first one when the Powdershell first came out. Paid $500.00 for it. Reason I bought my first one is I would go out to our outdoor batting cage which would open on March 1st and I needed a bat that could take the cold temps in the 20/30's.

I was a novice at the time and never realized about the performance of those bats. I have had everyone except the Vandy and the only one I didn't care for the the Blue Xpst5 for some reason.

In composites it would be the Toxic98's That bat just fitted me perfect.

I bought a toxic98 when they first came out because of the hype. Never liked it. Sold it to the church as a team bat.

ASA was and still is the SRV3. I just started playing u-trip last year, after moving from Iowa, and I love my '14 L1. Close second for ASA would be the OG Salvo.

SRV3 was known to supposed to be the "reissue under current standards of the OG extended". That caught my attention enough to get one. Was dissapointed. If you want an OG extended you gotta buy it and spend dollars. Nothing compares, replicates, or duplicates. I just got a 14' L4 for asa league. Hope its decent

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess i am a lil syncal... I try lots of bats before i decide on the one i like.
The one exception....Albin Incinerator. The love of my life.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess i am a lil syncal... I try lots of bats before i decide on the one i like.
The one exception....Albin Incinerator. The love of my life.

I thought incinerator was like 90 proof cinnamon whisky that makes me puke?:wtf2:

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
First utripp or 100 mph bat i used and fell in love with was the Og Flat sticker Freak plus now its the Easton SCN17BH love it

joncoke

Addicted to Softballfans
I tend to give bats about 2-250 swings before I make a decision depending on the condition when I get it. My biggest problem is wanting to try new bats and trading/ selling my others bc the wife doesn't approve.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
For me I love the way my 2011 and 2012 zik's asa swing and feel absolutely perfect, but the feedback leads a lot to be desired, I can pick up any of my Demarinis and get better distance and results with them, I force myself to swing my bbam and future, I just don't feel as comfortable, so much so it's probably time to move them, my Cluggy is the closest feel and will be my gamer

pontiacfb78

Star Player
When I started playing, a buddy had a 28oz OG juggernaut. I've been chasing that feeling ever since. J2 FSE is close, but the J3U is closer. Hoping to pick up a 26oz J3U in the next few months before summer ball picks up. Then the wait is on for Demarini to come out with a new bat with similar characteristics. Seems like everything is going stiffer though...

thoagie1

The Veteran
I never really had a bat that I couldnt put down, but after putting some bp on my red jh legit in the basement over the winter, took it out for live bp today and now i know the feeling. I will not be putting that bat down until it breaks, in the mean time ill be getting one just like it for bp so it's ready to go when the other one dies!!!!

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I feel I'm a rare breed, but I am as far from brand loyal as they come. I am a complete bat ho, and just enjoy trying new bats. I rarely sell the bats I own as well, unless someone initiates an offer to me. There are many games where I will bring 4 completely different bats to the game, and use a different one at each at bat.

zuke 37

Star Player
Easton Typhoon Titanium 30oz. Great feel, everything else was off the charts which not too many disagree.

Eventually it was banned and I used other bats, no big deal I still hit well.

I remember I used a bat (I don't want to bum rap anybody's stuff) I played 6 games with it and never made an out. I just didn't like the feel,
and I only use it now for pre season BP.

If you're looking for bat reviews, pay attention to A&B hitters, What do you care what D&E hitters think.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Went through every best ASA bat there was and realized best was based on most broken in and it takes 100-200 hits to get my timing in tune with the swing weight. Finally settled on a Fu/Spec1 combo because they were durable, great performance, and swung similarly.

I would still swing my buddy's stuff to try it out and be sure I was happy with what I had. Swung a buddy's Future to confirm exclusive hype is stupid and it's no better than anything else. Took some easy swings since it was NOW and I was just trying it, hit every bit far as my webbed up Juice and gamer Fu/Spec1 with even more consistency. I don't believe it is any hotter but it's an excellent combo of hot and durable that just fit my swing too perfectly to ignore and I could swing it everywhere I play. Sold my entire stash/collection/gamers and loaded up on Futures, happy as a clam.

RogueWarrior28

Part Time Player
Og salvo 28 oz. slight endload, very forgiving bat because the sweet spot was huge on it. And the durability was great despite the paint cracks. I'm tempted to try and get the Asa '15 salvo to see how it will do with the 52/300 ball.

codeguy23

The Combat Anti-Virus will always have a special place in my heart *deep sigh*.

Followed by the red/blue Jeff Hall 120. Great, great bat there.

Flaming Penguin

Addicted to Softballfans
Bought the first Psycho Miken came out with and fell in love. I've gotten every model since. It was yard giving up on the 2013 psycho, but glad I did for the 2014. 2014 Psycho is my all time favorite bat now.

JRod21

Star Player
I fell in love with the RI 14 Z2K, I loved the OG Z2K but I cant find a bat to separate our bond yet lol. I currently have one thats my gamer and its got around 1500 cuts on it and shes stupid hot right now. I got a couple stockpiled for back up.

t722j

Addicted to Softballfans
OG JH Mayhem made me sell all of my other bats (at the time it was about 6-7). Got real angry when she broke... just found another to replace it so I can't wait to swing!

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
The OG SRV5 Salvo is the best bat I have swung since the OG Freak/Synergy2 era. I cannot put it down for another. There is just something about it that fits my swing perfectly.