Famous pros that hit for average?

shawn400ft

Retired Army Vet
I know how to keep my stats... thanks. Its ****ing slow pitch softball... If youre striking out, you suck... I would guess most people on SBF lower their averages by swinging for the fences and popping up a lot.

Line drive base hits. Its not too hard.;):rolleyes:

This is toolspeak...nicely done

shawn400ft

Retired Army Vet
Am I the only one that thinks batting less than .800 in slowpitch softball is horrible?

Reed Johnson. Joey Votto.

I know how to keep my stats... thanks. Its ****ing slow pitch softball... If youre striking out, you suck... I would guess most people on SBF lower their averages by swinging for the fences and popping up a lot.

Again... I said batting less than .800 in slow-pitch softball...

I play an ASA Men's Competitive League. And yes, i can get a hit 8 out of 10 trips to the plate...

Why is this so hard for you guys?

You brought this on yourself

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here

this coming from hemet where the competition is way competitive

Gabonayez

Coach
You brought this on yourself

lol i know.

My first couple posts on this thread happened after a "few"...:D

Honestly forgot that everyone on this site plays tourney U-trip ball for a living.:rolleyes::D

Yes, I do bat ~.800 in the 20 games per season we play in "LEAGUE BALL" aka "AMATEUR SUCK FEST" ;)... but I won't lie. Im the ******* that will take a walk if you do not throw a strike. I'll trade an un-glorified 1B for a 296' Fly-out any day.

And Im down to play tourneys whenever they are available. But working 2 jobs and coaching a youth baseball team take most of my free time away.

I apologize if I offended anyone...:p

One more time....

-I am not as good as most of the guys on SBF.
-I am not a "league hero". That's Lord7. :D
-I do not claim to be a "pro" slow-pitch softball player.
-No, I do not want to make this sport my career.

Its fun. I play for fun.:D

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Then i should be called up at any time now I'm hitting a .1000 = 4HR, 2 Dbles, 8walks, 4 Sac in 6 games I'm on my way to the Show. LOL

You're not playing baseball, you're playing slowpitch softball. No such thing as a sac fly.

And 8 walks in 6 games? Your league needs some new pitchers!

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
???

So you bat 800+??? Cause by your standard under 800 is horrible. That must mean 875 is ok and anything above 950 is in your range?? Get real dude

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans

Yeah, it's easy in rec league beating on seniors and little kids..:rolleyes:
Try it in upper leagues or tournaments. :p
I'll wager your average comes down a lot.
In fact, post your name up in USSSA tournies,
I don't care which level U play, I'll bet $500
against an entire season with at least 2 tounaments
a month over 9 months or $200 over 3 months
with at least 2 games per month.
Batting .800 my butt:rolleyes:

We can post our money w/ HebrewHacker(mod) or Pack
Let me know when U grow a pair
I can raise the money amount to $1k yr or $500 three months

Last edited:

doG

dabz
This better be trolling material, because if not your possibly the dumbest person on this site. Check out conference stats and you will see maybe 3 people hitting 800 and it won't stay that way. 800 very very rarely happens if at all. Please dont think because you hit .800 in coed or e league that your an .800 hitter. As for the op. Every big name player you can name can hit the ball down. Just because they get 12 and 16 hrs a game doesn't mean they just blow it out everytime. They hit down better than anyone. No one gets to that level just because of hrs. People that can only hit hrs are terrible hitters that no one wants.

I love it when someone claims to hit .800. Its much more rare than then 400ft bomb claims.

doG

dabz
lol. Read the entire thread.

Oh I read it all. It was you lying about your softball prowess on a message board full of people you dont know, than lying about being too busy to play tournies when someone close enough to call you on your bull**** invited you to come play, and then there was a random post with some douche factoring in sac flies into his stats. Truly the funniest **** I've read today, maybe even all week and this is a VERY funny place.

Gabonayez

Coach
Oh I read it all. It was you lying about your softball prowess on a message board full of people you dont know, than lying about being too busy to play tournies when someone close enough to call you on your bull**** invited you to come play, and then there was a random post with some douche factoring in sac flies into his stats. Truly the funniest **** I've read today, maybe even all week and this is a VERY funny place.

Ok... Again...

1- I have no softball prowess. I am not a superstar. I do not hit homeruns. Therefore, I do not pop out like a lot of good players do when they mis-hit a homerun ball.

2- I have a very busy life. Softball is not a priority. Therefore, not working in order to play a softball tourney is nonsense.

3- you average it for me. We are through 2 games and im 6 for 7. What does that equate to?

Its really not that big of a deal. I dont understand why everyone is bashing on me for this.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Puss. Grow a pair. U been called out.
Tournies are on weekends, Sat or Sun, your pick.
And don't tell us U got no time for softball.
If that's the case, slink back under the little
rec coed league U crawled out from.
All we hearing are excuses excuses excuses.

Gabonayez

Coach
Puss. Grow a pair. U been called out.
Tournies are on weekends, Sat or Sun, your pick.
And don't tell us U got no time for softball.
If that's the case, slink back under the little
rec coed league U crawled out from.
All we hearing are excuses excuses excuses.

I work in the restaurant industry. Sat and sunday are NGTG. Dont be a ****.

doG

dabz
Ok... Again...

1- I have no softball prowess. I am not a superstar. I do not hit homeruns. Therefore, I do not pop out like a lot of good players do when they mis-hit a homerun ball.

2- I have a very busy life. Softball is not a priority. Therefore, not working in order to play a softball tourney is nonsense.

3- you average it for me. We are through 2 games and im 6 for 7. What does that equate to?

Its really not that big of a deal. I dont understand why everyone is bashing on me for this.

Bashing is what gets done on the internet bro dont take it personal. FYI going 6-7 means you are currently hitting over .800. I was under the impression you were claiming to do this night in and night out over the course of 100 at bats or so. If I was wrong, I apologize. If I was right I think you may be padding your stats. Not counting errors and sac flies against your average. Its not impossible to hit .800 in league, but its very ****ing hard. Harder than alot of people seem to think it is.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
I got $500-$1k in PP ready to go.
Let me know when you grow a pair. ;)
U really that good, it's free money to you. :)
U poor or posing, well then, make all the excuses U want. :rolleyes:
I'll even set it lower at .750

I done it before, .765 BA and .800+ OBP over 16 game league
season, which is documented by official league scorer.
It's not impossible but very very hard.
Basically impossible at tournies b/c level of competition
is too high, even in E ball. U can forget C or D.

Last edited:

Gabonayez

Coach
Bashing is what gets done on the internet bro dont take it personal. FYI going 6-7 means you are currently hitting over .800. I was under the impression you were claiming to do this night in and night out over the course of 100 at bats or so. If I was wrong, I apologize. If I was right I think you may be padding your stats. Not counting errors and sac flies against your average. Its not impossible to hit .800 in league, but its very ****ing hard. Harder than alot of people seem to think it is.

Yeah bro, like I said, i prob couldnt do it in the leagues and tourneys most SBF members play in.

In fact, before this thread, I didnt even think about Batting avg in slowpitch softball... Then i thought about it for a second and figured there were dudes batting 1.000.

Our season just started, so these games are the first ive played in over 2 months. As ive never kept track of my BA, these are the only ABs I have to base this claim on.

I seriously assumed that with the amount of superstars on this board, batting over .800 would be considered relatively easy.

Gabonayez

Coach
I got $500-$1k in PP ready to go.
Let me know when you grow a pair. ;)
U really that good, it's free money to you. :)
U poor or posing, well then, make all the excuses U want. :rolleyes:
I'll even set it lower at .750

I done it before, .765 BA and .800+ OBP over 16 game league
season, which is documented by official league scorer.
It's not impossible but very very hard.
Basically impossible at tournies b/c level of competition
is too high, even in E ball. U can forget C or D.

Take your 500-1k and invest in some anger management.:D:rolleyes:

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you know the definition of pro?

I actually know the definition of professional and also semi-professional, softball has neither level.

Sorry but some of them might get paid by sponsors to play softball and some probably make a lot of money winning tourneys and derbies etc but that doesnt make them professionals, theyre paid by sponsors thus making them amateur athletes.

Im not knocking the skill of any of the big boys but theyre not famous or professional.

knockers

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah bro, like I said, i prob couldnt do it in the leagues and tourneys most SBF members play in.

In fact, before this thread, I didnt even think about Batting avg in slowpitch softball... Then i thought about it for a second and figured there were dudes batting 1.000.

Our season just started, so these games are the first ive played in over 2 months. As ive never kept track of my BA, these are the only ABs I have to base this claim on.

I seriously assumed that with the amount of superstars on this board, batting over .800 would be considered relatively easy.

Dude hops on here like anyone who doesnt hit .800 is wack
now its all "im not seious i play rec" lol

Noone ever keeps a consistint enough book for it but anyone ever think SLG% and OPS is a better gauge of someones skill in softball??

will_reed

has been/never was
Wow.

I keep up with this stuff so I know how hard .800 would be if you're playing against any competition what-so-ever. I keep very strict numbers for OBP, and I think most people would agree with my method.

Walk - GTG, you reached base without an out being recorded or an error committed.
Sacrifice Fly - No such thing in softball, no one TRIES to hit a sac fly. It's an OUT.
ROE - Unless you're hitting the ball so hard that it actually goes THROUGH someone's glove or other body part, it's an OUT.
FC - Surely no one considers this a hit, it's an OUT.

My goal is and always has been .700, sometimes I get there and sometimes I don't.

Gabonayez

Coach
Dude hops on here like anyone who doesnt hit .800 is wack
now its all "im not seious i play rec" lol

Noone ever keeps a consistint enough book for it but anyone ever think SLG% and OPS is a better gauge of someones skill in softball??

Bro... I never said guys who cant hit .800 are wack. I asked the initial question because i figured there are dudes on here that get a hit every single time they come up to bat...

And i was always humble in my statements. I have never said i am better than anyone on here. Dont be a ****tard.

And maybe. Idk. I only considered BA after this thread was posted.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Bro... I never said guys who cant hit .800 are wack. I asked the initial question because i figured there are dudes on here that get a hit every single time they come up to bat...

And i was always humble in my statements. I have never said i am better than anyone on here. Dont be a ****tard.

And maybe. Idk. I only considered BA after this thread was posted.
I think you really set yourself up for hate after this comment:

Followed by...
Again... I said batting less than .800 in slow-pitch softball...

I play an ASA Men's Competitive League. And yes, i can get a hit 8 out of 10 trips to the plate...

Why is this so hard for you guys?
It's cool that you play for fun. Hopefully when you look through the couple of posts I quoted you can see how it would rub some people the wrong way.