Favorite Bat You Have Ever Swung?

ShortYellowBus

My favorite has to be my current gamer, Deuce. Dual stamp bats may not be as good as a regular ol ASA stick, but the way this thing swings, its perfect. I'll take that loss of distance
The deuce is fantastic.

Pink or green, if you hit 44’s and happen to like short barrels with a big endload this is the bat for you.

lakeyale13

Manager
A buddy of mine sold a brand NIW OG Freak back in the day (when they were hard to get any longer) for $700.00. The guy dished out 7 $100 dollar bills right there in the parking lot.

Things got CRAZY for a bit there! I remember the same $700-$900 for the OG synergy (No USSSA). Just ridiculous prices.

_brudy

Green and white, looking for a pink/gray one to start BPing.

if you hit 44’s and happen to like short barrels with a big endload this is the bat for you.

bingo, check, check and check!

leagues around here are ASA bats with .40s or .44s. and this bat launches them.

blakcherry329

I can go back to metal days and say the 1st Demarini double wall CU31, OG Easton Connexion, green TPS Gen1X were my favorites from that time. Also loved a Mizuno Fury....Mizuno Craze lasted forever and hit everything with it.
My favorite single wall of all time is the 1990(?) Carl Rose. the Silver C405 Aluminium model. I had a 29oz model up until a few years ago. Worn logos but no dents. Amazing bat. I gave it away to a teammate that needed a bp bat(he was using a wood baseball bat). Last year I found one on Da Bay in 28oz, so I snatched it up, just for nostalgia. lol

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The Synergy 2 was easily for me the best combination of price, performance and durability. I still have a couple of them.

I honestly think Easton peaked with the Syn2 and Syn+. Those bats were unbeatable. If they made a USSSA or ASA version of either of those bats today I'd get one. I prefer them to the fragile junk Easton is putting out now.

Ashun

I'm not sure if I have a favorite. But I have an ancient Easton I used to swing and still use to warm up. It's a power core, sx1. 36 oz monster, ha ha. I still break it out and take it to the cages every once in a while.

lakeyale13

Manager
I honestly think Easton peaked with the Syn2 and Syn+. Those bats were unbeatable. If they made a USSSA or ASA version of either of those bats today I'd get one. I prefer them to the fragile junk Easton is putting out now.

I remember when Easton reissued what was supposed to be the exact same specs as the OG Synergy +. Don't know of anyone that concluded the reissue was anywhere as close to the OG Syn+. The OG took about 700 swings with hard stuff to get broken in, but when broken it, they performed amazingly and where close to indestructible.

JWE

Addicted to Softballfans
jak'd nemesys is by far the best bat I've ever had .. still have one. original one I had broke. . 2nd would be the combat original that doesn't have the anaconda marking. almost as good . had it since the first week it came out and about 10 years later it just started to crack a little late last year. great for old man leagues or practice. . then I would list the ultra , ultra 2 , Easton synergy with no usssa marking and boombah cannon. after that I would list the red and black usssa z1000 , miken freak black yellow and black one . many people are listing the Easton titanium typhoon and ive had 2 different ones in the last 10 years off of ebay. ok bat at best , but maybe after 20 or so years they were just duds now . who knows , but wasn't even as good to todays usssa bats

lakeyale13

Manager
jak'd nemesys is by far the best bat I've ever had .. still have one. original one I had broke. . 2nd would be the combat original that doesn't have the anaconda marking. almost as good . had it since the first week it came out and about 10 years later it just started to crack a little late last year. great for old man leagues or practice. . then I would list the ultra , ultra 2 , Easton synergy with no usssa marking and boombah cannon. after that I would list the red and black usssa z1000 , miken freak black yellow and black one . many people are listing the Easton titanium typhoon and ive had 2 different ones in the last 10 years off of ebay. ok bat at best , but maybe after 20 or so years they were just duds now . who knows , but wasn't even as good to todays usssa bats

I imagine the Typhoon was probably CRAZY good with the rocks that were used 20 years ago...not so much with the balls of today.

I will say this, after leaving the sport for 6-7 years and coming back this year, I don't find much difference in bat performance (I play USSSA). Bats feel much different today than to the sticks of 6-7 years ago, but the performance seems to be every bit as good. My $.02

UncleMosk

Before composites, showing age here. Steele's Panic 32 oz sledgehammer. 350 plus over 25 years ago. As for composites 2013 ASA Wanted pure fire and sad to this day went if finally gave out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190414-134848_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190414-134848_Gallery.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20190414-135006_Maps Ruler.jpg
    Screenshot_20190414-135006_Maps Ruler.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 16

M2HSSR

Coach
Mine was the 2007 M7 Jeff Hall mayhem 27.5oz. I had that bat for 9 years and had the majority of 3 teams hit with it. Had a 350’ HR with it, then I bent it over my knee, added very little pressure and broke it. Sad day.

lakeyale13

Manager
Mine was the 2007 M7 Jeff Hall mayhem 27.5oz. I had that bat for 9 years and had the majority of 3 teams hit with it. Had a 350’ HR with it, then I bent it over my knee, added very little pressure and broke it. Sad day.

That bat was just unbelievable. The ball felt like it got absorbed into the barrel and then slingshotted into another dimension when you hit the sweet spot. Hit one of the farthest balls I have ever hit with it.

4spot

Star Player
When I first started playing we had a Worth Est5 which was no slouch. But then we bought a used Miken Ultra 2 and it felt like we were cheating! We still talk about the Ultra 2 days!

Plumbwader

You'dBalotcoolerifyoudid
OG Booger when it only had about 100 swings left in her was unreal.
Freak + after about 10 good BP sessions.

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
The Freak Plus and the Black and Yellow Mizuno Craze were my all time favorite bats I've ever swung!

andyschwing

Schwing batter batter!
I loved the Mizuno Crush. People (ignorant) would always claim it was not legal for ASA. Also had a DC Psycho that killed 44/375s or harder. Currently swinging a Worth EST comp XXL ASA for 52/300 balls, right up there with the best bats I've swung.