Fence Length

317Bombs

What're the fences at the park you most often play at? Mine are 300'...which I'm pretty sure are pretty short, but I've seen some 200-something fences listed in some of the forum pics (swing pics, and team pics). Surprising.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
Fences

300 all the way around. If they were any less it would be rediculous. Some of these board guys playing on 260 and 280 fields, is crazy. I can't imagine playing on a Little League Diamond.

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
The field we play most of our games on is 305ish in left, 315ish in centre, and 275 in right. Fence is about 10 feet high from the left field corner to right-centre, then it doubles up to 20 feet to try to combat the short porch/protect the side of the building causing the short porch

zud00

Addicted to Softballfans
three fields i play on:
260 all the way around
280 all the way around
300 in the corners and 290ish in center

xghram

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in a coed rec league that uses a girls fastpitch field. 250' left field, 240' dead center, and 220' right field! Fences are 6' high with nets that extend another 25' above that. We use the sb12, but it still flies outta here!

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Field last night: 325,415,356.

I hit two balls to LC that would have went out on the other field, but a 360' power alley keeps a LOT of balls in the park.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I thought the minimum requirement for fields was 300? Anything less seems rlly shallow

No, nothing is required other than 4 bases and a mound.

One field around here is 282, 305, 229 (with a 30' fence and singles over it)
One is 310, 274, 328. Yes, CF bows inward. Problem is that if you hit it out to CF you might not be able to get it back due to the woods/brush.

CPhoenixM

Extra Hitter
I was under the impression that most ASA fields and USSSA fields were different sizes (ASA being smaller fields.) We play on a multitude of fields and all of them are different sized. I think they range from 260 to 310 but not 100% sure.

snett98

Hitting the Long Ball
Most the fields around here range from 300 all around to 320 around, have played alot on fields with 290 also in tourneys.

317Bombs

Man, 260 and 280 seem really short...basically HR Derby if the limits were right. Oh well, I guess it's an even playing field ;)

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
280 290 280 where we do most of our playing. I love watching people get their rocks off dropping "bombs" a foot behind the fence and act like they're God's gift to softball. Reality checks to ensue.

66FLH

Addicted to Softballfans
One of ours is 295' in the corners, 315' to center..The rest are 310 corners and around 325 to center..Balls fly out here, air is thin at 7000'!!!

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
One place is 300' on the dot for all 4 fields...other place I play is pretty cool, 4 fields arranged in a strange fashion due to the plot of land shape...each field is different, one is 292' down the lines(12' fence), 312' dead center(6'fence) one is 292'(12' fence) all the way around, one is 305' down the lines, 310' dead center...its kinda cool playing on all the different fields instead of the cookie cutter 300' semicircle fences

one park complex,4 fields 300' all the way ....the fifth field is 325'...... the other park 4 fields that are any where from 270-302' ..........

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
For most city parks around here they are 300 - 310 all the way around and ASA where I play. The only utrip i play is at BLD, no distances listed on the fences but I've had some pop ups go out so they have to be like 270 in some replicas I'd imagine. Then brag here about 400' bombs I drop.

SnoopyII

Addicted to Softballfans
300' with 6' high fences.

They do have 1 complex in town that is 325' with 12' high fences (so at least 345' to 350' to send it out) I have played a few games there.

Warbucks79

Addicted to Softballfans
League park here is 270 down lines and 297 in center. We use any 44/375 ball and usssa bats. Field that dont get used except for tourneys is only 267 all the way around. Supposedly this winter both fields are getting redone since they been there forever and will be 300 all the way around.

dynamcpunk

Addicted to Softballfans
For most city parks around here they are 300 - 310 all the way around and ASA where I play. The only utrip i play is at BLD, no distances listed on the fences but I've had some pop ups go out so they have to be like 270 in some replicas I'd imagine. Then brag here about 400' bombs I drop.

I don't think I have seen any fence's shorter that 285 at the BLD's I've been too. But most of the replicas have alot of diffrent measurments. The one in Perris and in Mira loma has a diagram with the measuremets on them.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Lets see.. the main complexes for tourney ball in SC..

Turf Fields in Myrtle Beach: 325'
Freedom Florence: 320'
Pine Grove: 310'
Oak Grove: 300'
Cherry Park: 300' (10' fence)
Aiken: 310'
Anderson: 310-315'
Lakeside(Greenville): 285-290'
Greenwood: 285'