USSSA fielder collides with base coach

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
Can somebody please give me a ruling on this? :confused:

What if a fielder collides with a base coach (assuming he is in the imaginary coaches box) while attempting to catch a foul ball?

Does the rule change if the fielder collides with the on-deck batter (assuming he is in the imaginary on-deck circle)?

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Can somebody please give me a ruling on this? :confused:

What if a fielder collides with a base coach (assuming he is in the imaginary coaches box) while attempting to catch a foul ball?

Does the rule change if the fielder collides with the on-deck batter (assuming he is in the imaginary on-deck circle)?

The onus is on the base coach and on deck batter to vacate any area necessary for a fielder to get to the ball. If the fielder had a reasonable chance to make an out. The batter is out.

Joel

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
The onus is on the base coach and on deck batter to vacate any area necessary for a fielder to get to the ball. If the fielder had a reasonable chance to make an out. The batter is out.

Joel

I figured you would be by soon lol. Thanks for the word of the day! It is very few and far between I have to look up a word used on here haha. It may be small, but you don't see it everyday. (that's what she said:D)

buser699

Heading Home
I figured you would be by soon lol. Thanks for the word of the day! It is very few and far between I have to look up a word used on here haha. It may be small, but you don't see it everyday. (that's what she said:D)

you can't that's what she said yourself.:D