USSSA Fielder Distracting Batter

TheLacinStation

Addicted to Softballfans
Of course it's USSSA, since they are the only ones who allow pitchers to do stupid stuff, but I digress. While running a 5-man infield, the middle infielder positions himself about 10-15 feet behind the pitcher and one step to his right (pitcher is right handed). While the pitcher is pump faking, the middle infielder begins to do the same (my opinion: in an attempt to distract the batter). What, if anything, do you call?

Joker

the USSSA rule book is on their site for free

9M4VaOd.png

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
the USSSA rule book is on their site for free

9M4VaOd.png

Seams like this could apply to infielders (specifically the 5-man) moving back and forth while a pitcher is preparing for and delivering the pitch. It is clearly designed to distract the batter and "unsportsmanslike" is very subject to interpretation.

Country469

a 5 man moving back and fourth while the pitcher is pitching just means that team has no clue how a 5 man works is all

blakcherry329

If you get distracted by a fielder, then you're a dumbass. Having the 5th infielder in that close hurts the defense and is just asking for people to shoot middle, imo.
If you do complain to the ump about it, he's already in your head and he accomplished his mission.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Joker is right, moving back and forth is not enough to get warned or tossed. If you're jumping up and down or doing something stupid, expect a warning and then an ejection.

Country, I see lots of MIs moving from one side of the bag to the other during the pitch, trying to change the batters thinking on placement.