figured some of you senior guys may know this

bomb bat had a bruce meade bat back in the late 70's early 80's,it was the 510 model after a 510' shot he hit.......

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
from everything i can tell its not the bruce mead 510. dad may have led me astray with that. maybe someone will chime in that knows something

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
Neither one is the Bruce Meade 510 model. The one bat is a Louisville Slugger. The Bombat might be the Bear. I will go through some photos and see what I can find.
Mighty Mike

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
It is a Bombat Bear...
I saw a couple of these on auction sites last week and the shape of the bat really stood out. I have never seen one or hit with one, but would worry about hitting it off the weird taper.
There is one in the group of bats at the following...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9972966

thanks bud, good looking out. wish i would have seen that auction before it ended, $14 for 9 bats? lol. even if they are old. we like to get them for BP, esp during cold weather. btw, the bear actually feels really good off the barrel, actually had a guy hit a 44/375 out of a 300' fence at BP with it a few weeks ago.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks bud, good looking out. wish i would have seen that auction before it ended, $14 for 9 bats? lol. even if they are old. we like to get them for BP, esp during cold weather. btw, the bear actually feels really good off the barrel, actually had a guy hit a 44/375 out of a 300' fence at BP with it a few weeks ago.

Pretty sure that guy would have to be one hell of an athlete. Probably a big fan of WWE.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
The one looks like something that a sinle older lady might keep in her bedroom dresser drawer. Seriously though, neither are Bruce Zmead bats. I think the one bat was a form of the old 80's version of the Tidal Wave bat. Yup, with real water inside, when you swung the bat the water rushes towards the end giving you instant end load and whip - not.