Finally! My turn to take "The Jog"! #ROI #brag

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my first Out-of-Park HR EVER in 15 years of softball this weekend (hit that damn fence dozens of times)! FINALLY!!! It. Felt. Real. Good.

A 3-Run Lazer (just)over Right-Center fence. About 280'. Didn't think it had the legs... and then... yes! :D

Been going to gym & taking BP on the regular. It is paying off!

<3 my new ASA Z-1000 (Which I bought here - Thanks, Coach!). Broken in nice from BP and really popping now!

Also, props to swingmechanics.com and whipstrip.com 2 things I have used to get my bat speed & power up. I am only 5'9", and 44 years young.

I hope to do it again... this time a little sooner... :p

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I think it has more to do with getting your post count over 400. Every 100 posts adds roughly one foot to your distance. Congrats though it is a good feeling

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Aww I remember my first. Very similar to yours, the only difference is it was in my first slowpitch at-bat ever and I hit it on a 300ft field at the age of 21. Aside from that though our stories have a great deal of symmetry.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats bro, now man up and hit a bomb on a real size field.

Well, the biggest field we have is the other I play on, which is 300'... that one is going next... believe 'dat! :cool: :rolleyes:

Oh, and it is a TOTAL brag post. I even put #brag -hashtag in the title. Duh.

I mean, when you wait 15 years to do it, you're gonna' brag a little... you gotta'...

The balls are 375/44 (pretty mushy), paired with ASA bats, we don't get that many HR's in our league(s) (less than 1 per game on average, I'd say).

I just never tried too much before, as I was more effective with liners for doubles, and felt like I was hurting team by swinging deep for a more likely fly out... but I am not getting any younger, and so I made it a goal this year to do it. I have gone to the gym almost every day for the last few months, changed my diet & lost 30+ pounds (Paleo), and take BP 4-5x a week (Home-Made batting cage & Joe Maurer Quik-Swing).

I am liking the results. Even the non-deep hits are much hotter and often roll past OF'ers out to fence (several triples that way this year already).

Moral of the Story: Hard Work Brings Results.

But flame away, if you must, it ain't gonna harsh my buzz, Brah... :cool:

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Pot, meet Kettle

Aww I remember my first. Very similar to yours, the only difference is it was in my first slowpitch at-bat ever and I hit it on a 300ft field at the age of 21. Aside from that though our stories have a great deal of symmetry.

Now THAT is a brag post. LOL! Good one.

AND probably a U-Trip stick... my daughter can go yard with those... ::yawn::

jobro31

<font color="#CD0000">Bleeding Crimson</font>
Well, the biggest field we have is the other I play on, which is 300'... that one is going next... believe 'dat! :cool: :rolleyes:

Oh, and it is a TOTAL brag post. I even put #brag -hashtag in the title. Duh.

I mean, when you wait 15 years to do it, you're gonna' brag a little... you gotta'...

The balls are 375/44 (pretty mushy), paired with ASA bats, we don't get that many HR's in our league(s) (less than 1 per game on average, I'd say).

I just never tried too much before, as I was more effective with liners for doubles, and felt like I was hurting team by swinging deep for a more likely fly out... but I am not getting any younger, and so I made it a goal this year to do it. I have gone to the gym almost every day for the last few months, changed my diet & lost 30+ pounds (Paleo), and take BP 4-5x a week (Home-Made batting cage & Joe Maurer Quik-Swing).

I am liking the results. Even the non-deep hits are much hotter and often roll past OF'ers out to fence (several triples that way this year already).

Moral of the Story: Hard Work Brings Results.

But flame away, if you must, it ain't gonna harsh my buzz, Brah... :cool:

Congrats, what 44/375 you calling mush? Get some evils

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats, what 44/375 you calling mush? Get some evils

Dudley Thunder SY's. League(s) buy them. I was told these are pretty mushy (vs rocks), but I am not too knowledgeable on balls/COR -stuff.

Where are Evils in the "Mush-Rock" -spectrum? Comparable models? Costs similar?

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats on your first HR! I still remember how awesome it felt when I hit my first ball out..a two run shot to LC with a F98, I was only 18.

chazerous

The first ball I put over a fence was a dbo. Last week of my first season on the 2nd game of a back to backs and were up big so I was swinging away. Probably a 330 foot shot or so. Used my 30oz cl22. Haven't looked back since.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats man. Just keep working on the game. Everyone is at a different level and place, just do you and keep working at it.

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
About ****ing time...did the sluts throw their panties over the fence as you were rounding the bases? No?

Congrats anyway

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats man. Just keep working on the game. Everyone is at a different level and place, just do you and keep working at it.

Thanks. Nice to get something supportive for once vs "Dude, I hit better than you! Everyone knows how good I hit!" :rolleyes:

boosky71

Addicted to Softballfans
congrats bro, now you have to do it with a ritches superior green monster
model SB3 i believe was the model # i hit my first one with. there i said it, i'm old!
they will come much easier now, the first one is the hardest. AWESOME BRO!

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
i still remember the sound my Demarini Evo made on contact of my first HR. It sounded identical to the pop noise a beer can makes when you open it.

congrats

Wupang

530sports.net
It's a good feeling! Congrats...when you do it alot, they let you walk off..no jogging required...lol

Very nice. My dad is doing the same thing. He's 51 and weighs probably 150. He wants to hit one out SO bad, but hasn't succeeded yet. Thinking of buying him an ULTRA2 and telling him to go play with the seniors.

Advice for the future...Not only does your post count truly add distance in reality, it allows you to exaggerate said distance by 20ft per 100 posts. So now, you hit a 360' shot. That is how SBF math works.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
Very nice. My dad is doing the same thing. He's 51 and weighs probably 150. He wants to hit one out SO bad, but hasn't succeeded yet. Thinking of buying him an ULTRA2 and telling him to go play with the seniors.

Advice for the future...Not only does your post count truly add distance in reality, it allows you to exaggerate said distance by 20ft per 100 posts. So now, you hit a 360' shot. That is how SBF math works.

Nice. Good luck to Dad!

And the math thing is FUNNY! LOL!