Fire Flex 2.0

killabees

funny how things get changed so quickly so dramatically around the world.

who would've thought Easton would be the leading manuf to produce most fragile bats over other manuf.
Money can change a lotta things so quickly.

I still don't see what is there really got to loose to use just 52s over hard balls. I mean no one's gonna loose... oh well...

Yours posts give me AIDS. And, manufacturers would lose because they would sell fewer bats if they were more durable. It's almost like that happened to Easton before or something...

killabees

funny how things get changed so quickly so dramatically around the world.

who would've thought Easton would be the leading manuf to produce most fragile bats over other manuf.
Money can change a lotta things so quickly.

I still don't see what is there really got to loose to use just 52s over hard balls. I mean no one's gonna loose... oh well...

aids? read my post again.

I read it again. That last sentence is a trainwreck. The manufacturers will lose. The more durable bats are, the fewer they will sell over time. It's almost like that exact thing has happened to Easton in the past...

dunkky

let me spell it out for ya then. manuf wants to sell more bats. how? by producing good products for good price.
consumer wants to buy bats that will perform and last longer.

so, what's the problem here, they are selling bad products for high price. satisfying neither of what consumer are looking for. which in turns, customers won't go back buying that garbages again. Is easton looking to do business only for one year or two??? of course not.
How many of these guys will continue to buy that garbage that will fail after 100, 150 swings, do you think? will you buy it again? if you are dumb enough maybe.

my solution: use 52s. bat will perform and will last longer reasonably. people will continue to buy now and the future. so, everyone wins here. no losers. simple.

if you still don't get it, then so be it.

killabees

let me spell it out for ya then. manuf wants to sell more bats. how? by producing good products for good price.
consumer wants to buy bats that will perform and last longer.

so, what's the problem here, they are selling bad products for high price. satisfying neither of what consumer are looking for. which in turns, customers won't go back buying that garbages again. Is easton looking to do business only for one year or two??? of course not.
How many of these guys will continue to buy that garbage that will fail after 100, 150 swings, do you think? will you buy it again? if you are dumb enough maybe.

my solution: use 52s. bat will perform and will last longer reasonably. people will continue to buy now and the future. so, everyone wins here. no losers. simple.

if you still don't get it, then so be it.

I can't tell if you're actually this stupid or just ****ing with me at this point, but I'll bite and respond anyway. They're not selling bad products. Bat performance is at an all-time high. People who shouldn't be able to hit the ball 250 feet can hit it 350. Exit velocities go up 5-15mph for some people, compared to mid-late 2000's standards. This is what the general slow pitch softball customer base wanted and it's exactly what they got. Game ready, no break-in or practice required equipment. Now most people who play at a higher level or more frequently are not happy about this because the harder you swing, the more often you swing and the harder balls all contribute to the quick demise of bats. The more you use your glove, the floppier it gets. BUT competitive softball players make up such a small portion of the overall consumer market so our concerns are not really at the top of the manufacturer's list of concerns. I have absolutely no problem with using the 52/300 ball across the board, but another thing you have to consider is the sponsors and donors for each association and director. It's a combination of greedy manufacturers and whiny softball players that created this mess.

TL;DR: Bats are performing (mostly) much better than ever. This is what the customer base at large asked for and this is what they got. Manufacturers are greedy. ****ty players want hotter bats so they can feel better about themselves. 52/300 balls across the board makes sense to me, it just won't ever happen. It's a business and every major company is making money right now so I don't see this situation with planned obsolescence changing any time soon.

dunkky

Ur reading comprehension level is 3rd grade. They are garbage hitting hard balls moron. Paying attention to what thease guys are saying here. These guys are not major level. They are sbfers. Major companies make money now? U run company for only a year or two. The reason why monstas are selling, not only because they are hot, they also last long as they recommendate customers to hit low compression balls.

So, rather than comprimising the durability of the bat for performance, my sugestion is to use 52 throughout the league to sustain the performance while keeping the bat last longer. That will lead to more happy customers, thus ur business will do better in a long run.. Why would this hurt anyone including association? Everyone wins here. Now if one of them wants to be greedier? Thats a separate issue. My point is no one will get HURT, everyone will make good money, with more happy customers.

What kinda ****ing stupid would be happy other than u seeing ur bat cracks after 150 of swings. They will not come back next year. But then again, u only live this year, right?

killabees

Ur reading comprehension level is 3rd grade. They are garbage hitting hard balls moron. Paying attention to what thease guys are saying here. These guys are not major level. They are sbfers. Major companies make money now? U run company for only a year or two. The reason why monstas are selling, not only because they are hot, they also last long as they recommendate customers to hit low compression balls.

So, rather than comprimising the durability of the bat for performance, my sugestion is to use 52 throughout the league to sustain the performance while keeping the bat last longer. That will lead to more happy customers, thus ur business will do better in a long run.. Why would this hurt anyone including association? Everyone wins here. Now if one of them wants to be greedier? Thats a separate issue. My point is no one will get HURT, everyone will make good money, with more happy customers.

What kinda ****ing stupid would be happy other than u seeing ur bat cracks after 150 of swings. They will not come back next year. But then again, u only live this year, right?

I tried. You are lost.

dunkky

tell you what, it you truly believe, easton will do fine next year or year after keep producing these garbages and keep the customers happy, then i respect your point of view. but i really believe using only 52s will ultimately make everyone happy. Most seem to be pretty content with monsta other than their service and pretty sure Carl is doing fine financially also. there's your example.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Worth/Miken became popular after they started making hot-out-of-wrapper bats that broke more easily and failed compression. They've been following the same formula for years and their bats have been selling. From 2013-2017, Easton stuck to durable bats and they were outsold miserably by Miken/Worth. 2013 and 2014 "L" and "B" series, 2015 and 2016 Kirbys, Bakers, and Wegmans, 2015 and 2016 Torqs.... all could be had for under $100 on clearance. Meanwhile DC41's and Freak30's were sold out everywhere and could rarely be found for less than $229.

You and I can complain about the durability of newer Eastons all we want; guys that will choose to give up performance for durability make up 1% of the consumer base. The other 99% wants the hottest bat possible and is willing to sacrifice durability to get it. Easton had to change their way of thinking to compete in the slowpitch market, period. And now that they're making this "garbage" that fails in 200 swings.... they're selling bats.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
Worth/Miken became popular after they started making hot-out-of-wrapper bats that broke more easily and failed compression. They've been following the same formula for years and their bats have been selling. From 2013-2017, Easton stuck to durable bats and they were outsold miserably by Miken/Worth. 2013 and 2014 "L" and "B" series, 2015 and 2016 Kirbys, Bakers, and Wegmans, 2015 and 2016 Torqs.... all could be had for under $100 on clearance. Meanwhile DC41's and Freak30's were sold out everywhere and could rarely be found for less than $229.

You and I can complain about the durability of newer Eastons all we want; guys that will choose to give up performance for durability make up 1% of the consumer base. The other 99% wants the hottest bat possible and is willing to sacrifice durability to get it. Easton had to change their way of thinking to compete in the slowpitch market, period. And now that they're making this "garbage" that fails in 200 swings.... they're selling bats.

BOOM! Truth bomb.

dunkky

Dunning-kruger effect
nope.

my emphasis is not on the bats, begging manuf to produce durable bats. Instead, keep the bats but use the 52 balls.
everyone wins. Again, who's getting hurt here? And how is this translated to less profit for the manuf? So people will pay 300 at every 200 swings??? and 1 out of 100 people wouldn't?? well, if you say that's the fact, then i raise my case.

my worth xxl has well more than 1000 swings and it hits rockets against 52s and still going strong. Maybe that's why they are selling? if it breaks after 200, no one i know will but them. That's a fact also.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
nope.

my emphasis is not on the bats, begging manuf to produce durable bats. Instead, keep the bats but use the 52 balls.
everyone wins. Again, who's getting hurt here? And how is this translated to less profit for the manuf? So people will pay 300 at every 200 swings??? and 1 out of 100 people wouldn't?? well, if you say that's the fact, then i raise my case.

my worth xxl has well more than 1000 swings and it hits rockets against 52s and still going strong. Maybe that's why they are selling? if it breaks after 200, no one i know will but them. That's a fact also.
The people that can't hit the ball out without having a barely passing bat and a cold classic m lose out when they can't hit 307 for bombs anymore.

dunkky

The people that can't hit the ball out without having a barely passing bat and a cold classic m lose out when they can't hit 307 for bombs anymore.

wow. that's expensive price to pay for a few bombs. i had no idea people were that desperate. i mean i wanted to hit bombs too but i put a lot hours on my swings and bp.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
nope.

You are mistaking the 5 or 6 guys on here that complain about durability as representative of the population. They are not. This year's Easton bats were the most in-demand that Easton has been in a long time.

You do understand that the same people on here complain about durability issues with the Miken/Worth bats, right? You are probably just one of the vast majority of us that doesn't swing hard enough to break bats anyway.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Am I the only one who thinks these graphics look like the first demarini f2 ?

I knew it looked familiar. It has "F-Series" written all over it.

wow. that's expensive price to pay for a few bombs. i had no idea people were that desperate.

You should read more threads/posts here.

And check the selling section for all the bats that have like 20-40 swings on them.

"Selling because it doesn't fit my swing." Nah, buddy. You're selling it because you bought into the hype and now you're disappointed that it didn't instantly make you a better hitter.

killabees

Thank you.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
17 dc41 is considered fragile bat?
Sadly, by today's standards they're probably near the top for durability versus performance. They seem to get hot and stay hot a little better than their competition.

That being said, my freak 30 was the first bat I ever broke from just game swings in under a year. If I had 100 bp swings total on it I'd be shocked.

Last edited:

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
2 major upgrades vs the OG fireflex

1- new 360 technology ( new layering in the sweet spot zone to help maintain compression significantly longer) 40-60% longer

2-new player optimized weighting ( maximized MOI per barrel length and weight)it means that every different construction ( barrel length ) is being tested to make sure we get the best MOI, show every bat will feel different but we won’t have a consistent loading IE : .5 oz, 1oz etc

The launch is scheduled to be the first week of September for the 2 in-line bats. The neon green being the Balanced Canadian exclusive; and the blue being the end loaded in-line back.
Are you referencing a Bat or Condom Ad's..?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I love how these companies claim they're putting out better performing bats every year.... that despite the fact that their current line of bats is already failing compression in 100 swings.

belly43

Bored without softball
40-60% more would mean about 40 swings before not passing. Hitting a 52 is not the answer either those balls are dangerous. Weird hops weird spin off the bat. 52’s are the reason there isn’t any NSA anywhere

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
So has anyone got a chance to swing this yet? I have one coming but won't be able to swing til November/Decemberish. :cool:

jlee

Swung it at D Worlds in FL. Easton had some tents set up with tee's and radar guns. The bat felt like the 2017 line. The extra layer of composite definitely makes a difference in terms of "hot out of the wrapper." The FF1 felt much better out of the wrapper. I do think the FF2 will hold up for durability sake going into 2019. Just going to take a little work to get them going.

Results (for comparison, both bats out of the wrapper, was lucky enough the rep didn't care to let me compare)
FF2 = 89 mph
Pure Integrity = 98 mph