Fireflex 240

jtcollin

The Veteran
Anyone swung the Fireflex 240 and have some thoughts on it?
I got a warranty return for my FF 2 and they're sending a balanced FF 240. I really liked my Fireflex 2 but apparently all they had in were the new stamp bats.

jtcollin

The Veteran
Comparable to the older Fireflex 2? From what I can find the 240 has a crisper barrel feel.
I'm in a league using 52 300 balls and you can swing anything but senior bats. My utrip FF2 killed these mushballs so hopefully this 240 will like them too.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I really liked my Fireflex 2 but apparently all they had in were the new stamp bats.

That's actually because of an agreement between USSSA and bat manufacturers; only new-stamp 240 bats are allowed as returns. There's a notice of that on Easton's website.

Comparable to the older Fireflex 2? From what I can find the 240 has a crisper barrel feel.
I'm in a league using 52 300 balls and you can swing anything but senior bats. My utrip FF2 killed these mushballs so hopefully this 240 will like them too.

I swung a buddy's Helmer 240, it was absolutely no different from my FF2 10" in either feel or performance.

jtcollin

The Veteran
That's actually because of an agreement between USSSA and bat manufacturers; only new-stamp 240 bats are allowed as returns. There's a notice of that on Easton's website.

I swung a buddy's Helmer 240, it was absolutely no different from my FF2 10" in either feel or performance.
I mean that's fine, I actually did see that notice later now that you mention it. I was just wondering how these new stamp bats are in terms of performance. My league doesn't test anything or check anything so it doesn't appear that the stamp matters unless it's a senior stamp.
I'm usually not an early adopter. I let other people have the fun first...
I just noticed there is really no talk about the new stamp Eastons on here yet.

Appreciate the replies.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I'm usually not an early adopter. I let other people have the fun first...
I just noticed there is really no talk about the new stamp Eastons on here yet.

There are a few reviews on YouTube (Slowpitch Bat Bros, etc) and they all say the same thing; the 240 Eastons start out a little stiffer but still break in and fail compression quickly. If you're not subjected to testing, you won't notice any difference between the 240's and 220's after maybe 100 swings.

jtcollin

The Veteran
That's the other point I would make. I typically trust folks on this site more than most places. Especially YouTube channels which are affiliated with Softball stores. I did see the slowpitch bros vid though which made it look pretty good.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Hit them in league, they are great. 50 swings and you will forget about 240

Probably because Easton's 240 bats fail compression in under 100 swings.

They start low, and go even lower. If you want a 240 bat to use in USSSA Conference events (where they test), you'll probably want something other than Easton.

If your leagues/tournies don't test, swing away.

XjustinX

Siqqq Tatties
Swung one most of the winter indoors and I actually really liked it. Was super stiff at first, ball would come off great at about 75 swings changed sounds and it was good to go. Tested it a few weeks back at around 150 swings and it was 247.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
From what I've been watching/reading, the 240's from most manufacturers actually start out with a lower compression and drop just as fast or faster than the 220's. We've been bamboozled.

At least with Eastons, I agree. Those 240s test WAAYYY low out of the wrapper and fail super fast.

Bamboozled to the max.

Get a Juno. They start at 300 and take a long time to work down.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I've been looking hard at them and the 27's and 28's are on sale now for $199. Recommended?

I very much recommend Juno IF you want a bat that starts fairly high (300) and takes some legit work/BP to get remotely close to 240. From what I'm seeing so far, Junos are the most durable 240 bats out there. You just can't peel the wrapper off and expect instant lightning performance.

Also, $199 is a good deal. At that price I'm tempted to pick up another. Also, with Junos you get to customize your endload. Anything from balanced, to midload, to full ounce endload.

IMO, a Juno at $199 is simply a better buy than any of the 240 Fireflexes.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
OG LV1 for the win. You can find one with 1000 swings for less than a 240 Easton, even with a 1000 swings won’t be failing and will perform just as well.