Fireflex

Savalicious

They Call Me Hollywood
Fire flex spanked in gold weather and held up in a make shift homerun derby with stones. We put over 250+ on it and it's hitting laser, haven't tested it after hits, but it's probably failing if had to guess. We broke the ghost after 100 cuts, but was fire up to that point.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Unless you're trying to break in a bat and lower the compression, there's not much reason to hit anything other than 52s in BP.

I agree with this completely. I see guys blowing through bucket after bucket of classic Ms with new bats and blowing them up fast. People simply don't understand the concept that there are different cor/compression balls out there. I think they just blithely hit whatever balls they have. I can't think of really any bat out there that will stand up to continual BP with classic Ms.

I only hit .52s in BP, and I only use metal bats. Occasionally wood. All the bats I BP with are deader and have smaller sweetspots than what I use in games. BTW, I've never broken a bat on .52s. Even after thousands of swings with metal bats that would be triangles with classic Ms in 10 swings.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why the 17 Ronins were still imx composite instead of tct flex, for the added durability like the old days. But few people want the old school tech unfortunately. Should keep the Ronins cheaper though
Imx guess back to 2004 though. The ronins should have absolutely been tct tech and dual stamp. I refuse to believe that one standard isn't lower, especially older tech. Just use whichever one passes both tests. Take the torq handle if and that would be a great dual stamp for those of us that want some more durability.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with this completely. I see guys blowing through bucket after bucket of classic Ms with new bats and blowing them up fast. People simply don't understand the concept that there are different cor/compression balls out there. I think they just blithely hit whatever balls they have. I can't think of really any bat out there that will stand up to continual BP with classic Ms.

I only hit .52s in BP, and I only use metal bats. Occasionally wood. All the bats I BP with are deader and have smaller sweetspots than what I use in games. BTW, I've never broken a bat on .52s. Even after thousands of swings with metal bats that would be triangles with classic Ms in 10 swings.
I'm not buying all new balls because the associations and bat companies decided to suck. That being said, I have only bought 52s for the last three years and have older bats for harder balls when I need them. My hard balls are so old I don't know what they'd actually register as. I have some 525s that sound more like 52s.

Quinn18

Part Time Player
So I have a 28oz fireflex that didn’t even last a month! Sad sad day! It’s only a tiny crack but the fact that an Easton cracked on me in such little time is killer! I was hoping it was just a paint defect but nope it’s lifted! Sounds dead too when hitting! I was trying to post pics to get ur all’s opinions but it said the file was too large! Pretty upset about this tho.. should I call Easton cs and let em know?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
So I have a 28oz fireflex that didn’t even last a month! Sad sad day! It’s only a tiny crack but the fact that an Easton cracked on me in such little time is killer! I was hoping it was just a paint defect but nope it’s lifted! Sounds dead too when hitting! I was trying to post pics to get ur all’s opinions but it said the file was too large! Pretty upset about this tho.. should I call Easton cs and let em know?

How many swings with what balls in what temps?

Quinn18

Part Time Player
In games it's what we hit here as well, but it terms of game balls it's by far the hardest ball on a bat. In BP stick to the 52/300 and you'll never break a bat.
I didn’t bp it at all.. heard it wasn’t made for it. All game hits unfortunately.. a tad bit of pepper before a game maybe but that’s about it.

lukeamdman

I didn’t bp it at all.. heard it wasn’t made for it. All game hits unfortunately.. a tad bit of pepper before a game maybe but that’s about it.

Well that stinks.

What'd I'd do is get a SP16BHFXU and if the temp drops below 75 use that instead. They can be found new for about $120 shipped. Endload and sweet spot should be about the same but it's way more durable.

WillW3

Starting Player
But do you recommend using them for BP is the question. As he already clarified, this didn't happen during BP but that was my original assumption.
Yeah the way you put it looked like you were asking why they use classic M’s in games

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Hate to say it, but no bat out there will last long term with classic Ms in cold weather. The new bats especially are suffering.

I'm glad as hell we don't use classic Ms here.

jhitman

Hey bud- could you let me know where you bought yours at? I'm looking to possibly buy one.

I bought it from the store here on softballfans. It's a nice bat but haven't had a chance to put more than about 25 swings on it with the cold temps.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I have swung Eastons the last few years and I feel the fire flex is the hottest one out of the wrapper by far, 100 swings and mine was game ready. Now it's on par with my 2,000 swing Kirby

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
had my flex tested at a conference event this past weekend with about 250-300 swings on it that failed at 180.... got to test 25 bats... had 8 fail... all were eastons but 1.

jlee

After talking to a local rep, it looks like Easton tried to fix the compression issue. This is directly from a known/famous Easton sponsored played. They added a small composite layer to try to fix the testing issues. If your bar code starts with AF it has the new layer composite, if it has AE that is the old failing composite.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
After talking to a local rep, it looks like Easton tried to fix the compression issue. This is directly from a known/famous Easton sponsored played. They added a small composite layer to try to fix the testing issues. If your bar code starts with AF it has the new layer composite, if it has AE that is the old failing composite.
Great, a new OG/bubble sticker/1st batch thing

J2009

Boom !!!!!
My fire flex has the AE and the bubba has AF, and it did take longer to break in, the fire flex was full game ready at 50 swings.