ASA Game delayed roster changes...

asuneers17

Addicted to Softballfans
So we had a tournament game on Tues, in which we finished the 7th inning tied at 14. The rain came, and the game was postponed until today at 6pm. My question is, can either team add players to their gameday roster as long as the player is on their regular season roster? My understanding is that you can only use the players on the original roster set before the game on Tues, but I want to confirm this in case the other team decides to add their "normal" players. Thanks guys....

KenD17

Fantasy Football Expert
As long as a player was on the roster for a team at the start of the game, it doesn't make a difference if he wasn't physically there at the start of the game. It's the same as any other rostered player showing up mid-game.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
But if they weren't on the roster at the start of the game, they can't add them. Correct???

Not on the team roster (the master list of who is available to play) or not in the lineup? If they were on the roster but not in the lineup, sure, it's just like a substitution. If they were not on the roster (i.e., Cousin Joe is in town and you need another player so you add him), then no, he can't play. Fairly simple, really. We had a suspended game in the playoffs a few years ago where we had to gather back the next night. The coach scrambled around to call everyone on the roster to be there just in case those in the lineup the night before weren't available.

asuneers17

Addicted to Softballfans
So basically, if the other team had like 5 guys that are on their roster but weren't on their lineup on Tues, they can bring them to play tonight?

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
So basically, if the other team had like 5 guys that are on their roster but weren't on their lineup on Tues, they can bring them to play tonight?

That's what I'm saying. But check the tournament rules to be sure.

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
Around here it doesnt matter. It would be as if they showed up in the middle of a game to be a sub. As long as they are on the roster, they can show up and enter the game as a sub as they please.

asuneers17

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys are right. I called the Director and he told me that as long as they were on the roster throughout the year, they can come into the game as a sub. Thanks guys!