gear afflicted over anti virus?

outtaleftfield!

Return 2 Sender
i was wondering form people that have used the gear afflicted what you think of them....i was playing a nat. qualifier and there was a team sponsered by combat and they had alot of anti virus' and afflicted and ive hit the av and was wondering y they were swining GA i bet half the team was? r they better then a anti virus?

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
I have owned both, i sold my AV becuz it just wasnt right for me. I just bought a 100 hit afflicted and my first bp session it was hitting screamers all over the place. One guy on my team after 1 bp session has claimed its has fav bat, and now uses it as his gamer.

fireberd350

Addicted to Softballfans
AV > Afflicted. End of discussion

If your swing doesn't agree w/ the AV then that's personal preference and has nothing to do w/ what bat is better.

papo08

No Affiliation....
i see these for 299, and 195 online. is there a diff in the afflicted I should be looking for? these both look the same to me

toad_2

Semiretired Player
Move this to Combat forum

You'd probably get more response from board members if this thread was moved to the Combat section of the forum.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
AV > Afflicted. End of discussion

If your swing doesn't agree w/ the AV then that's personal preference and has nothing to do w/ what bat is better.

^^^in your opinion^^^

Mine was just never ON FIRE like some people claim, it has a small sweet spot outta the wrapper, so maybe i just didnt get enough bp on it. But the afflicted claims to have a huge sweet spot.

hoosier419

Starting Player
It is pretty simple the AV was made under different standards than the Afflicted. In theory the Afflicted can never be better than the AV. All of that being said I really like y Afflicted and never really found the swing for the AV. As with any bat if you can swing it, then it is good for you. If you cant swing a U2 the bat itself is not going to help.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
AV > Any other ASA legal Combat. Yes the SS is smaller on the AV but if you hit the SS the difference in pop is noticeable,

Tobes42

Here for the popcorn!
i was wondering form people that have used the gear afflicted what you think of them....i was playing a nat. qualifier and there was a team sponsered by combat and they had alot of anti virus' and afflicted and ive hit the av and was wondering y they were swining GA i bet half the team was? r they better then a anti virus?

NOOOOOO WAAAAAAY!!!

AV>Afflicted

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
The individual is going to determine which bat works better.

The sweet spot is much smaller on the AV, and much closer to the endcap. If you can't consistently hit out there --and it does take a lot of getting used to to do that-- the bat is pretty weak. The Afflicted has a much more 'normal' sweet spot and is typically much easier to hit.

In theory, the Anti Virus will outperform the Afflicted swing for swing when hitting off the sweet spot. Whether or not the theoretical applies to real life is entirely up to you.