Girl Pitching Coed

blakcherry329

It is a douche move when/especially there us a guy/s that can pitch..

We played church coed couple years back and one team had a girl pitch, it changed my approach (as much as possble) but we had a couple guys that could not control where they hut the ball if lice depended on it, they buzzed her tower on several occasions and she couldn't even react to the ball buzzing by her head.. she and the (men) on the team just shrugged it off like it was all fun and games..smh
When I say a woman that is able to pitch, I'm not talking about leagues. League coed is usually pot-luck on the talent of the female players.
I'm talking about a tournament team where the women are fairly capable, for the most part, and some are studs. If a woman played College ball and wants to pitch, why not? I played coed with a woman that pitched. She had shinguards and an LAX helmet and was ready for anything up the middle. Nobody ever worried about her getting hit.

Country469

You can still get hurt wearing pitching gear, I'm not sure where that idea came from? The gear is TO SAVE YOUR LIFE not keep you from getting hurt. Big difference.

The best pitcher in the damn world is capable of being blasted and getting hurt, so an average female is already going to have it be exponentially higher.

But again, its not even so much about injury prevention as it is making a mockery of the game. If I have to think twice about hitting middle, in a situation where its called for, simply because the pitcher is a woman, than that is proof enough she shouldn't be pitching.

Whats really scary is you can trust my hands. Some lousy ass coed male hero, with a shaved bat, good luck when he shoots middle "on accident"

Country469

When I say a woman that is able to pitch, I'm not talking about leagues. League coed is usually pot-luck on the talent of the female players.
I'm talking about a tournament team where the women are fairly capable, for the most part, and some are studs. If a woman played College ball and wants to pitch, why not? I played coed with a woman that pitched. She had shinguards and an LAX helmet and was ready for anything up the middle. Nobody ever worried about her getting hit.

sure, mixed major players, and maybe 1 in 10,000 women are capable of it.

cool story tho. I can't fathom how lame that must have been if she never worried about getting hit. ****ing lame and boring.

Because you know good and damn well every time you take the mound you should be worried about getting hit regardless who you are.

blakcherry329

sure, mixed major players, and maybe 1 in 10,000 women are capable of it.

cool story tho. I can't fathom how lame that must have been if she never worried about getting hit. ****ing lame and boring.

Because you know good and damn well every time you take the mound you should be worried about getting hit regardless who you are.
Ok, Captain Literal. Wtf???
When you pitch, do you worry about getting hurt? I don't. Getting hurt is always a possibility, but I don't take mound worrying about it.

Since I have to spell it out...
Nobody worried that she would get hurt because she wasn't qualified to be on the mound.

Country469

If youre telling me you don't care about getting hit I don't believe you.

You probably wear a mask and a cup at least. That means you worry about it.

Everyone who pitched worries about it. Whether it affects your game or not is the ?

blakcherry329

If youre telling me you don't care about getting hit I don't believe you.

You probably wear a mask and a cup at least. That means you worry about it.

Everyone who pitched worries about it. Whether it affects your game or not is the ?
I wear a LAX Helmet and shinguards so I don't worry about it.
I think worry might be the wrong word. If you are "worried" about getting hit, you shouldn't be pitching. imo

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think not wanting to put a female at pitcher is being paranoid at all. One team in the coed league I play in will use a girl at pitcher here and there, and I hate playing those games. I'll freely admit the ball doesn't always go where I want to hit it and I don't want to hurt her in a coed league game that really means nothing. Yes, I should have better bat control, but it is what it is at this point if you throw me low and outside.

Having already seen a girl pitcher get smoked and end up in the hospital with a broken kneecap in this league, to me it's just not worth it.

Country469

I wear a LAX Helmet and shinguards so I don't worry about it.
I think worry might be the wrong word. If you are "worried" about getting hit, you shouldn't be pitching. imo

this my perspecitive on it...........having been drilled by numerous guys way bigger than me but I dont wanna name drop today;

I accept that I am going to be hit with the ball at some point pitching. Once I did that I was able to play loose and free, because I accepted it would happen eventually no matter what. I still wear a mask and a cup because my **** and head can't really heal well if they get blasted at 100 mph. My shins can and will. I worry about protecting myself. I don't worry about getting hit, its going to happen.

dunkky

skilled or not, that's not the point. The moment you hit middle, you are being judged as a douche and if a ball hit a girl, you are a douche of all. To me, this co-ed thing don't make any sense. why allow far more powerful men to compete with girls. If you want this to be completely outdoor recreational activity in picnic style, place a screen, period.

This problem isn't just restrict to pitching. 3rd, SS, etc. And if you hit right field, you still look like a douche because you hit to a girl. lame. If you consider all that, Men has no place to hit. So, if you are a man and just want to enjoy playing with girls, know what you are getting into and play it accordingly. U wanna compete,then join a real league.

blakcherry329

this my perspecitive on it...........having been drilled by numerous guys way bigger than me but I dont wanna name drop today;

I accept that I am going to be hit with the ball at some point pitching. Once I did that I was able to play loose and free, because I accepted it would happen eventually no matter what. I still wear a mask and a cup because my **** and head can't really heal well if they get blasted at 100 mph. My shins can and will. I worry about protecting myself. I don't worry about getting hit, its going to happen.
Agree, 100%

lakeyale13

Manager
skilled or not, that's not the point. The moment you hit middle, you are being judged as a douche and if a ball hit a girl, you are a douche of all. To me, this co-ed thing don't make any sense. why allow far more powerful men to compete with girls. If you want this to be completely outdoor recreational activity in picnic style, place a screen, period.

This problem isn't just restrict to pitching. 3rd, SS, etc. And if you hit right field, you still look like a douche because you hit to a girl. lame. If you consider all that, Men has no place to hit. So, if you are a man and just want to enjoy playing with girls, know what you are getting into and play it accordingly. U wanna compete,then join a real league.

This would be my problem, what percentage of players can make sure they don't hit the middle greater than 50% of the time? I can't. I mean if the ball is middle to middle in, I'm gonna take it left of second. If it is an outside pitch, I'm 43 and play once a week with maybe BP once a week, I don't have the ability to make sure I hit it right of second on an outside pitch 100% of the time. I would have to make sure I closed off my left shoulder like crazy to ensure it go way right of second.

blakcherry329

If you're playing coed you have to hit at a woman, at some point, because they are on the field. Duh. I don't care what people think, in general, so I REALLY DGAF what a coed player thinks of me if I hit a ball in the general area of the 3-5 women on the field.
I usually don't hit middle out of professional courtesy. ;) so I definitely wouldn't with a woman pitching.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This thread mentioned nothing about tourney team, it mentioned coed fallball.

Mentioned a girl that played on a coed team thatbi played on that played college ball and could play (anywhere) as she played ss in college that took a 15 hopper to the eye whole playing 1st, is why (I/ME) would not have a girl on the mound

blakcherry329

This thread mentioned nothing about tourney team, it mentioned coed fallball.

Mentioned a girl that played on a coed team thatbi played on that played college ball and could play (anywhere) as she played ss in college that took a 15 hopper to the eye whole playing 1st, is why (I/ME) would not have a girl on the mound
Um ok, so league coed should never put a woman on the mound. Ok

MaverickAH

If you're playing true coed (5M/5F), I fail to see how having a F pitcher strengthens your defense when the P/C positions have to alternately be 1 male & 1 female. If you're playing some type of quasi-coed (3F/7M), I get it.

What I witness all the time is that even former D1 women are not prepared for the speed & reaction time needed for a ball coming off of a man's bat. It throws most of them for a loop! The first serious injury that required emergency service was a knuckle ball line drive off of a male bat to a female center fielder. Split open her forehead...…. If memory serves, she was playing on an all female team that the league allowed in one of the lower coed divisions.

Country469

If you're playing true coed (5M/5F), I fail to see how having a F pitcher strengthens your defense when the P/C positions have to alternately be 1 male & 1 female. If you're playing some type of quasi-coed (3F/7M), I get it.

F pitcher who gets hit at doesn't

F pitcher who doesn't get hit at does. It take a male fielder and moves him off the middle to a position more likely to make put outs.

This is based on the assumption that the male pitcher is NOT Andy Purcell. What I have found is that the sheer fact a woman is pitching, forced 75% of men to adjust their swing to completely avoid 1/3 of the field. That is that advantage defensively. Its not a rule, but it sure works that way.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
last Friday I seen a girl that pitches in women's tournies pitch for co-ed (face-mask) and another girl play 3b. both them broads got skills

Normy

There's only a few ladies in our coed league who take the mound. I've never seen any of them take a shot, but several close calls. I personally would not put any of my gals on the mound after getting pegged last year. That's just me. If we had a chick who could actually pitch decent with quick reflexes, I might reconsider. Probably not even then though.

Normy

There's only a few ladies in our coed league who take the mound. I've never seen any of them take a shot, but several close calls. I personally would not put any of my gals on the mound after getting pegged last year. That's just me. If we had a chick who could actually pitch decent with quick reflexes, I might reconsider. Probably not even then though.

Matth

it's 2019, get your ***** ass out of the 50s
I agree. There are many women who can hold their own on the field. If a woman can catch a pitch going 60 mph + from 40 feet away in fast pitch, she can field a ball going 100 mph. Sex doesn’t determine where you should play, ability should.

robokill

Manager
I agree. There are many women who can hold their own on the field. If a woman can catch a pitch going 60 mph + from 40 feet away in fast pitch, she can field a ball going 100 mph. Sex doesn’t determine where you should play, ability should.
What?

College softball player sounds good, but the talent level drops fast once you get past the top 75 teams or so (and there's 1600+ college softball teams). Even in the elite top 30 D1 games, a 240 foot shot is considered a bomb (~74mph exit speed).

With a mask and other protection, go for it. Without is asking for trouble.

dunkky

u can't compare real sports vs slow pitch softball. forget about going middle, making any solid contact is challenging enough. don't fool yourself, women's fast pitch is almost equal to baseball.

Matth

What?

College softball player sounds good, but the talent level drops fast once you get past the top 75 teams or so (and there's 1600+ college softball teams). Even in the elite top 30 D1 games, a 240 foot shot is considered a bomb (~74mph exit speed).

With a mask and other protection, go for it. Without is asking for trouble.
I can see how what I wrote was confusing. When I was talking about a pitch going 60+ miles per hour and catching it 40 feet away I was talking about a catcher catching a thrown pitch in fast pitch softball. I was comparing the reaction time or reflexes it takes to catch a pitch in softball to the reflexes that are required to catch a sharply hit ball down the third baseline roughly 70 or 80 feet away as occurs in slow pitch. In saying this, I’m certainly not saying just any women should play third or pitch. The point I’m trying to make is there are women out there with good reflexes who probably can react just as quickly as men. And I’d say wearing a mask while pitching is the smart thing for anyone to do man or woman.