Girls Slowpitch League - USSSA Bats?

Amanda_D

Hi All, I'm the president of a girls slowpitch softball league. We utilize USSSA rulebook. Currently we have 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 19U teams that travel to USSSA sanctioned tournaments. The Jan 2023 cutoff date is a killer for us. Obviously it is a huge cost burden that our non-profit league cannot absorb (we provide league bats, we have a lot of kids that cannot afford these types of bats). And finding a bat for a 9 year old girl is next to impossible. Any suggestions or recommendations? Our vendors are not helpful and are still confused about the new hard cutover to the 240 bats.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
My recommendation would be to contact [email protected] he is the national director of officials at USSSA. I can not find anything on the USSSA website referring to the 2021 stamp. In my limited research all of the bats that would be suitable for those lower age groups are stamped fastpitch only. Dave and Brian Wegman should put out a ruling detailing what should be done. For this year, and I would assume next year, any bat with the 2012 stamp should be fine for league play, but for sanctioned tournament play, I don't have anything for you. It's been a few years since I did youth slow pitch and at that time all of the players used youth fastpitch bats. I will be in Nashville with some of the USSSA higher ups next month and will try to get clarification on this from them at that time.