Glove Help (Rawlings, Marucci C-MOD, etc)

GloveMan25

Hey guys, trying to figure out what brand I should buy for my next glove. When looking for an 11.5" glove, I've decided to go with a Rawlings Pro Preferred (200 series) or a Marucci Capitol Series C-Mod glove. I'm looking for a glove that sits tight on my hand and will last for a long time. The Rawlings Pro Preferred is obviously going to be great leather and will feel great, but the innovation by Marucci might be what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any experience with the C-MOD on Marucci gloves? Supposedly, they just removed the thumb and pinky loops and placed in moldings that better fit the hand. Thanks guys!

GloveMan25

Check out the new Horween Marucci's, they have 3 different web styles in 11.5".
I was looking at them on ballgloves.com. Do you know if there's a way to get custom Horween gloves? The Horween 11.5" Marucci gloves would be great, but there's no fingerpad (something I love on gloves) and it doesn't look like it has the C-type/MOD technology (Bit confused on how Marucci does this. I'm pretty sure they have M-type and C-type, but C-type has added support for ergonomics and feel. I've also heard that the non C-MOD gloves have a loose fitting).

There's also a model called the Marucci C2 that might be coming out with a 2-in-the-pinky version later this year. It's half synthetic and half Horween with the new technology, so I might wait for that.

Last edited:

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I was looking at them on ballgloves.com. Do you know if there's a way to get custom Horween gloves?
I really don't have an exact answer for this question, but I'd guess no. These Marucci Horween exclusives were made specifically for Morton's just like the Rawlings Horween exclusives, there's power in numbers!

And since I'm not that well versed in all things Marucci, I don't have any facts to back up what I just said, so take it with a grain of salt. Purely speculating on my part, but it makes good sense!?

*** To get a Horween exclusive in the size I wanted, with the web I wanted.....and shipped to me in two days, I don't think I'd let a finger pad stand in the way, but that's just me!

mkaufm1

Agree. Finger pads are nice, but you kind of break a natural one in over time and the horween is durable enough over the haul.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I feel like a broken record, but no glove with soft, black, foam-backed leather in the hand stall or finger liners will ever be durable.

Unfortunately, that’s almost every glove now, from Wilson (the worst), Rawlings (even the new Horweens) and Marucci to an extent. Pro Preferreds also have some of the weakest hand stall leather, the Pittards sheepskin.

The C2 Marucci line replaces a lot of that weak foamy leather with synthetic, molded material.

YMMV

Dan

GloveMan25

I feel like a broken record, but no glove with soft, black, foam-backed leather in the hand stall or finger liners will ever be durable.

Unfortunately, that’s almost every glove now, from Wilson (the worst), Rawlings (even the new Horweens) and Marucci to an extent. Pro Preferreds also have some of the weakest hand stall leather, the Pittards sheepskin.

The C2 Marucci line replaces a lot of that weak foamy leather with synthetic, molded material.

YMMV

Dan

I got a Pro Preferred a while ago and selected the option to replace the Pittards liner with Kip leather, so it should hold up longer compared to most stock Pro Preferreds.

Right now, I'm deciding between waiting for the C2 or going with a Marucci Horween. Horween is a tried and true material and will last for a long time, but the C2 seems like the pinnacle of glove innovation right now: strong, synthetic material combined with horween leather in a glove that's very light in weight. I'll likely wait until more C2 models release to make a purchase.