Glove Reccomendation - 3B/Hybrid

Scoot18uga

What is the ideal size for playing 3B in slowpitch? Also, any recommendations on decent gloves that won't break the bank?

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I really like Mizuno gloves personally. I have a 12.75" Classic GCP82S that I bought for playing 3B. It's now my go to over my 12" Global Elite GGE10 for when I am up the middle too. Recently my 14" OF glove broke a lace and rather than fix it immediately, I've just been using the 12.75" in the OF as well.

If you can still find them, I think my Mizuno Classic was $150

longball101

Part Time Player
12.75 here as well. Rawlings Gold Glove Elite was my gamer forever until my son gifted me a 44 Custom Glove. The Rawlings GGE's hold up very well and go for $99 - $120 ish NEW. Using a GGE First Base glove as well

r8dr_rider

I use a 12.75 Rawlings for infield and a 14 Rawlings for OF (or 1B). Got them from ****s for like $80ish. Laced not the crappy Velcro straps like you find at Big 5. Not the best gloves on the market but they do the job. Leather feels legit

premium series

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Unless you're one of those cornfed behemoths playing Conference USSSA ball, you'll likely want something in the 12.5" to 13" range for 3B. I use a 12.75" Nokona for the infield (except for 1B) and for pitching. The key is to have something sized right for the smoothest transfer from glove to throwing hand. If you have giant hands you can probably get away with using a bigger glove.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
Size wise you are probably best at 12.5 to 13 inch models.
I am a fan of Vinci gloves. I think they play a little short so you may want to go up a .25 of an inch.
Most importantly though, you need to try a few on and see what feels good on your hand.

D-ROCK13

12.75 is my go to... Rawlings Gamer, R9, or Sandlot series, are nice middle of the road gloves, for around 100 bucks

Scoot18uga

Thanks for all the info. I’ve got an old Easton that’s 12.25, but it’s seen better days.

I ended up ordering the H-web (12”) from the new J.L. glove co. Fall collection. Had my eye on a J.L. for a while now. Might be a little short, but I prefer shorter gloves.

Scoot18uga

So this thread was 6-6 in suggesting 12.75" and you bought a 12"? What was the point of the thread?

Still on the lookout for a 12.75’’. I play more baseball than softball at the moment. I’m an alternate on a softball team and last game, didn’t even play 3B, ended up at 2B.

drtybrd

Hey all - I'm in the exact same boat as this guy. I'm 3 years into slow pitch now, and I've gravitated towards 3rd. I could see myself playing SS, 2B, or in the outfield if needed. Right now I have a cheap 14" glove and it's just too big for 3B, and it's a crap glove, so I'm ready to buy something nice.

Based on the input here, it looks like this is one of my better options (Rawling GGE 12.75).

However I've also had my eye on the Muzuno's Pro Series, but can't find one smaller than 13". Would I regret going 13 over the 12.75? It seems .25" wouldn't make a huge difference, but I could be wrong.

Adding the Vinci 12.75 as an option as well.

Last edited:

r8dr_rider

I think hand size should be taken into account too. If you have a small hand 13-14 inch gloves I think are too big. I had a 14 I would use for OF but ended up ditching it because the ball would pop out a lot. Went with 12.75 and now I use that for all positions. Although I do keep the 14 in case I play 1B.

drtybrd

I think hand size should be taken into account too. If you have a small hand 13-14 inch gloves I think are too big. I had a 14 I would use for OF but ended up ditching it because the ball would pop out a lot. Went with 12.75 and now I use that for all positions. Although I do keep the 14 in case I play 1B.

My hands are probably on the smaller size. That said, the 13" Miken appears to be more adjustable than the Vinci and Rawlings, thought they are 12.75. What a pickle!

Just realized that Vinci is a LHT, and can't find a RHT, so that one is out.

Last edited:

lorichie56

Hey all - I'm in the exact same boat as this guy. I'm 3 years into slow pitch now, and I've gravitated towards 3rd. I could see myself playing SS, 2B, or in the outfield if needed. Right now I have a cheap 14" glove and it's just too big for 3B, and it's a crap glove, so I'm ready to buy something nice.

Based on the input here, it looks like this is one of my better options (Rawling GGE 12.75).

However I've also had my eye on the Muzuno's Pro Series, but can't find one smaller than 13". Would I regret going 13 over the 12.75? It seems .25" wouldn't make a huge difference, but I could be wrong.

Adding the Vinci 12.75 as an option as well.

I have a 12.75 Mizuno Pro for sale in this thread

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/price-check-dct-and-mizuno-pro.1462954/

Also sent a PM if youre interested.

ronaldosw

We have Franklin sports baseball and softball mitt and I love this gloves. The glove is probably not suitable for tournament play, but it will last a few years for my purposes. This glove is cheaper than some youth gloves! Very happy with the glove.