Glove Recommendations

demariniproud

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking for a glove that gives me some flexibility for every position. I play in three leagues and in all three leagues I play different positions. I pitch, play SS and Outfield. I know I am going to get suggestions for buying two gloves, but what has been your favorite glove and why? I am currently using a Worth Toxic and Liberty and they are decent but the Toxic is a little heavy for Pitching. I do not have a brand preference either.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Unlike most softball folk, I tend to go small. I have 2 gloves (1150 & 1275) in the bag but I have a backup 1175 Pro Preferred that I use when I am literally running to catch game time and I have to leave my roller at home. I wear this glove traditionally when I play IF and 2 pinky when I play OF/1B (doing so extends the glove to play like a 1250). If you can glove it both ways, you can look for something in the 1225-1250 range. Althoug any web-type can be broken in a way to handle both finger methods, I personally prefer the trapeze for this specific reason. I read somewhere that the trapeze design was originally designed for an outfielder to come in to play 1st without having to change gloves. The player it was designed for was a HOFer (although I don't remember who). If there are any glove historians here, please correct me if I am wrong.

Podo

"JewDoe"
12.25 Rawlings H web. I have a pro1000hc plays like a 12.25. I use it to pitch, 1st, second, 3rd. Two in the pinky. If I could judge a flyball I'd use it in the outfield too.

demariniproud

Addicted to Softballfans
I was thinking of going a little smaller just for being on the bump. A little quicker to handle and easier to maneuver. Those middle shots make a bigger glove seem really hard to adjust in time. I was looking at a 12"-12.5" but thats a little smaller than I am used to for outfield. I think I could adapt though.

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
I would go with the Mizuno GMP55...like stated above...listed at 12.5 but can play like a 12.25 with deep, deep pocket or like a 12.75...I have one for outfield and my bro in law has one for SS and Wheel....also uses it when he pitches...They are very light weight gloves and very versitle for softball.

gsus03

Banned User
bc gloves hardly ever measure up to exactly what they are supposed to be, it can be tough...but if you want a good glove for every position, look at gloves anywhere from 12.25"-12.75" I know somebody recommended a gmp55/56 which is a high end mizuno with a single post web and is a great suggestion for an all around glove...I personally like having two differewnt gloves, currently my gamers are an 11.75" h web for infield (just ordered a 12" h web as my new gamer) and my outfield gamer is a 12.75" trap GGE7V, and I use two in the pinky for a thumb to pinky break in...my next glove will be a custom hoh probably a 12.5" pro504 that I will use when I occasionally pitch and just look pretty the rest of the time but I have gloves issues so back to your question, depending on the size of your hand, I would go with something between 12.25"-12.75" and IMO the best all around web is an H web