Glove weight is over rated....

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I got a car load of gloves and dig my heavy RV65.....its bout 28-29 oz and when the game starts I don't even notice that it weighs more the most. I don't ever feel that the weight gets in the "weigh" of reacting to a bad hop in the infield. "hand down man down" that's a grown man move!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
When your glove weighs more than your bat, you may have a Vinci

This made me LOL. The only time Ive ever even "noticed" the weight of a glove was a couple older nokonas I handled. Couldnt tell you weight or model but they definitely had some game time on them.

Slim135

Extra Hitter
Used a friend's Primo for 2nd base on Sunday. Never considered glove weight an issue until I put that Primo on.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
When your glove weighs more than your bat, you may have a good glove

Fixed for ya Mike. I think this is really what Space trying to say. Though he is a Vinci customer he has, and used other good gloves in other brands. Its like me, I could get any glove I want through some of yours guys and have tried the. I particuarly like Wilson PIs and High end Mizunos but, after Vinci cane out w the Optimus I am hooked. Who here hasn't seen one???

suthrner

Church League Allstar
The new 13.5" Pro Flare I have weighs in at 24oz. and that's about as heavy as I want to go even for outfield. That being said, It's all personal preference so to each his own.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Glove weight has never bothered me for slowpitch softball.

When you geek off on the sidelines comparing weights its easy to say one is much better but once your adrenaline is flowin in a game a few ounces don't mean jack squat.....well I guess it might if you're built like Paris Hilton or Kevin Durant :rolleyes:

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I noticed the weight issue more in the infield than I did in the outfield. Whether it's entirely in my head or not I felt quicker and had better confidence fielding a quick ground ball with a lighter glove than I did with a heavier one. I play hardball though so I don't know if that makes a difference or not, I guess the ball is smaller and coming at you a lot quicker so maybe that's where the difference comes from (mental or no).

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I noticed the weight issue more in the infield than I did in the outfield. Whether it's entirely in my head or not I felt quicker and had better confidence fielding a quick ground ball with a lighter glove than I did with a heavier one. I play hardball though so I don't know if that makes a difference or not, I guess the ball is smaller and coming at you a lot quicker so maybe that's where the difference comes from (mental or no).

not tru....actually the ball gets thru infield faster in softball cause you can wind up and mash and infield stands a lot closer....90 foot base paths are giant. Plus you see as many hard shots in 1 inning in softball then a whole baseball game....

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I keep hearing about thumb issues but don't have problems w any of my gloves. Is it just gloves that guys flare out?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I keep hearing about thumb issues but don't have problems w any of my gloves. Is it just gloves that guys flare out?

It is typically only a problem for guys who play in the field. :D

I have replaced > 20 Vinci thumb stays. In fact, I'll be doing one tomorrow.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
It is typically only a problem for guys who play in the field. :D

I have replaced > 20 Vinci thumb stays. In fact, I'll be doing one tomorrow.

I don't mind the dig, but I really do still play OF, not all the time but at least a few innings a game. I am not saying I don't see where it bends, I just don't have issues w mine.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I don't mind the dig, but I really do still play OF, not all the time but at least a few innings a game. I am not saying I don't see where it bends, I just don't have issues w mine.

I can't flare it, the leather squeaks, it's heavy as hell, and the liner deteriorates SO fast. Why would I want a Vinci? I understand you're sold on their story, and love that they're a small company, but Vinci would KILL to be rawlings. They won't ever be that tho, their product isn't good enough. (Facts only)

To make a long story short, I genuinely respect your loyalty. I can appreciate it! It's just ridiculous to say they can realistically compare to rawlings, wilson or mizuno.

The pros choose what's BEST, not what's most popular. I promise!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
fact: 96.4% of SBF members avg. 3+ errors/gm. no matter what glove they're using

LMAO so true, and a glove won't help most of them. I will say that a good glove will help you w a hard shot. Most rec player can't get even put the leather on the ball.
To the guys who say Vinci is inferior, they now have enough pro players and mass distribution to prove they are a pro quality glove manufactur. To those that still disagree, I challange you to try a newer Limited or an Optimus glove. Oh and I don't think they ever want to be Rawlings. They would never make a bunch of cheap ass junk gloves and put there name on them, nor would they want to be a subsidiary of a larger international conglomerate. :)

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
I just bought my first Vinci (TJ1952 mesh) to get a bigger glove with quality leather. If the big three could offer that, I would be first among many in line. However, I'm really hoping this glove doesn't weigh a ton. I don't need a featherweight but after using the MIJ Mizuno, I definitely notice a difference now.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Half of them are right fielders or catchers LMAO

If I boot 3 balls in a game, my teammates may put me on suicide watch..

in slow pitch, if you have to range more than one step in any direction, it's not considered an error ..Will Middlebrooks would fit in nicely

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Half of them are right fielders or catchers LMAO

If I boot 3 balls in a game, my teammates may put me on suicide watch..

Been here before, in a tournament...:eek:

Then I got a PI Wilson 1781 and all my errors went out the window :bigok:

in slow pitch, if you have to range more than one step in any direction, it's not considered an error ..Will Middlebrooks would fit in nicely

haha. Gotta be atleast two steps right?