Gloveworks

rhino54

NICE....I love it!
What are the colors and how long did it take (when did you order and when did you receive it)
I ordered mine Nov 30 and I feel like a kid stuck on Christmas eve
It’s Carmel and wheat with black stitching
Ordered 11/25 and received it 12/29. They got it done quickly

rhino54

How do you like this compared to some of your other gloves?
This is easily one of my favorite gloves I’ve ever owned. Did the hot water to break it in and it broke it really easy. Pocket is deep for a 12.5 and it’s extremely comfortable. I will have to do the 185 one eventually but wow I’m blown away with gloveworks!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Proud Papa here
This is my Third GW glove, as always, the craftsmanship is amazing. Fit and finish second to none (at least for anywhere near this price point). Color, leather, fit, feel, lacing, stitching....all perfect. I really wanted to see this Paisley leather for myself. I know its only available in the GAMEDAY leather (I love the Pro Steerhide, super stiff, beautiful leather.) which bummed me out cuz I'm a glove snob. BUT, pleasantly surprized at the gameday leather. Yes, thinner, and padding is not as stiff as the Steerhide, BUT seriously, its a nice glove. And for the cost, c'mon! what a steal.

All that said, A man feels like he needs an I-Web in his arsenal. I own a lot of gloves but never owned an I-web, nor a wingtip...so.....of course I need to order one. I love it, this for sure means, I'll need to buy another GW glove.

rhooMuI.jpg

0LHG7i0.jpg

AEfoDmA.jpg

swPmnjR.jpg

FhQ6u18.jpg

SPUpQwy.jpg

DSPtYY6.jpg

uwkTvqz.jpg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Proud Papa here
This is my Third GW glove, as always, the craftsmanship is amazing. Fit and finish second to none (at least for anywhere near this price point). Color, leather, fit, feel, lacing, stitching....all perfect. I really wanted to see this Paisley leather for myself. I know its only available in the GAMEDAY leather (I love the Pro Steerhide, super stiff, beautiful leather.) which bummed me out cuz I'm a glove snob. BUT, pleasantly surprized at the gameday leather. Yes, thinner, and padding is not as stiff as the Steerhide, BUT seriously, its a nice glove. And for the cost, c'mon! what a steal.

All that said, A man feels like he needs an I-Web in his arsenal. I own a lot of gloves but never owned an I-web, nor a wingtip...so.....of course I need to order one. I love it, this for sure means, I'll need to buy another GW glove.

rhooMuI.jpg

0LHG7i0.jpg

AEfoDmA.jpg

swPmnjR.jpg

FhQ6u18.jpg

SPUpQwy.jpg

DSPtYY6.jpg

uwkTvqz.jpg
That's some more beasty split welting! 👍;)

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
is that navy Fred? great looking glove.
Yes, I should have stated it.

Gloveworks GAMEDAY leather
12.00"
Model GO94
Navy Paisley Leather (almost too pretty to use)
Navy Laces
White Stitching
I-Web (first ever, and in Paisley too)
Wingtip option
White Split Welting (Beautiful)

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
DHL just dropped off a package from China .....whatever could it be??

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_105831590_DHL_resized.jpg
    IMG_20220124_105831590_DHL_resized.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 5

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Disclaimer right up front: I suck making pictures!
This is my first new glove since 1978, so "proud papa" doesn't even start to describe how I'm feeling......

Gameday Softball spec 13.5" (GS99)
Black with Caramel GW monogram web and finger pad
Caramel binding & welting
Indian tan laces
yellow stitching
Black & Gold wrist patch
"Default" thumb circle

IMG_20220124_110409104_resized6.jpgIMG_20220124_110423073_resized5.jpgIMG_20220124_110458186_resized4.jpgIMG_20220124_110536917_resized3.jpgIMG_20220124_110516463_resized7.jpg

AND one just for "annasdad" .......

IMG_2227_resized_Hurst.jpg

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Disclaimer right up front: I suck making pictures!
This is my first new glove since 1978, so "proud papa" doesn't even start to describe how I'm feeling......

Gameday Softball spec 13.5" (GS99)
Black with Caramel GW monogram web and finger pad
Caramel binding & welting
Indian tan laces
yellow stitching
Black & Gold wrist patch
"Default" thumb circle

View attachment 69258View attachment 69259View attachment 69260View attachment 69261View attachment 69264

AND one just for "annasdad" .......

View attachment 69265
Absolutely beautiful.

If you told me as a kid, I could own a custom glove, designed by me, I would never have believed you.
Nicely done, great build

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Great job Steve, looks fantastic, and way to get that old Road Runner involved! ;) Explain "default" thumb circle, did you do that on purpose? I must say, I like that web more than I thought I would, I like it a lot!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Great job Steve, looks fantastic, and way to get that old Road Runner involved! ;) Explain "default" thumb circle, did you do that on purpose? I must say, I like that web more than I thought I would, I like it a lot!
Default is the circle with the stitched GW monogram logo in it.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Explain "default" thumb circle, did you do that on purpose?

Default is the circle with the stitched GW monogram logo in it.
As Dan stated, it's the circle GW logo. The options would have been a number or a flag...which I didn't want.
I think I could have chosen the color of the stitched GW, but didn't realize that so what is on my glove is purple, which doesn't really go with my black/caramel ..... or come to think of it, it doesn't really go with anything. Live n learn ........

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
I must say, I like that web more than I thought I would, I like it a lot!
Thanks! YOU know how I fretted over designing this glove!
I'm an H-web guy, but this being a custom, I felt obligated to get something different. This is close to your recommendation of a true 6-finger trap that was offered and be "different" at the same time.
After you pointed out that the I-web tends to be flat/shallow, I was concerned this type web might be also. SO, my only "special request" was "long laces" thinking that might make it possible to loosen up the web a bit.
So glad that I did because this web is indeed flat compared to my floppy H-webs. I've already loosened it some.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks! YOU know how I fretted over designing this glove!
I'm an H-web guy, but this being a custom, I felt obligated to get something different. This is close to your recommendation of a true 6-finger trap that was offered and be "different" at the same time.
After you pointed out that the I-web tends to be flat/shallow, I was concerned this type web might be also. SO, my only "special request" was "long laces" thinking that might make it possible to loosen up the web a bit.
So glad that I did because this web is indeed flat compared to my floppy H-webs. I've already loosened it some.
I like it, you did good! As I told you, building a custom can be somewhat stressful, but it’s self inflicted stress, especially for your first custom. In reality, even after second guessing yourself, once it’s in your hands….they always look great! As far as ”Live n learn” on the purple stitched logo…gives it a little character! ;)

So, you already building another in your head? Something in Pro-Steerhide & split welting?

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Absolutely beautiful.

If you told me as a kid, I could own a custom glove, designed by me, I would never have believed you.
Nicely done, great build
Thanks, Fred! Do appreciate the kudos.
And you are absolutely right about owning a custom being something I would never remotely consider being a possibility. I felt that way until just recently. This thread and Dan promoting GloveWorks made me realize it's truly possible
I am so impressed with the leather and lace quality on this $100 glove!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
had a little email exchange last night with Donald after i saw them post something new on fb. he sent me pics of my glove and i've seen it on fb and instagram now. this thing is a beauty. can't wait for Monday delivery!

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Thanks, Fred! Do appreciate the kudos.
And you are absolutely right about owning a custom being something I would never remotely consider being a possibility. I felt that way until just recently. This thread and
Dan promoting GloveWorks made me realize it's truly possible
I am so impressed with the leather and lace quality on this $100 glove!

I don't think I've ever promoted GW here, but just served as a resource for information and shared my own personal experiences, just like you all. I may be part of GW, but I'm also a satisfied customer x 8!

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think I've ever promoted GW here, but just served as a resource for information and shared my own personal experiences, just like you all. I may be part of GW, but I'm also a satisfied customer x 8!
sorry...wrong choice of word. Did not mean "promote" as in marketing or sales pitch, but rather being informative. You have never come across as "you've gotta buy THIS glove".

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
sorry...wrong choice of word. Did not mean "promote" as in marketing or sales pitch, but rather being informative. You have never come across as "you've gotta buy THIS glove".
I agree. To me Dan just comes across like a wonderful teacher of wisdom....(wonder why that is, hah)
F