Gloveworks

NYC

Swag on 100.
Alright here we go!

12.75 Steerhide midnight tan softball pattern- split grey welt- yellow stitch- mint patch. Special instructions were: stiff, long laces, clean stitch lines, stamped and recessed thumb logo, blank palm. 7 weeks from order to front door.

First impressions are holy crud, this thing is STIFF. Stiffer than my A2000; they delivered well on that special request. The leather looks and feels amazing! This midnight tan looks great in photos, it's even better in person! It has really clean stitching. Laces feel high quality. It's impressively light, feels as light as a 12.75 kip Marucci I used to own.

I included some pics of it next to my 1799. It feels like once broke in, it should play very similarly. Nice and deep/wide. Once major difference is how snug the hand stall is on the GW. You can see the difference in the pic. I love my 1799, but wish the hand stall was slightly smaller. The GW is smaller than what I'd request, which is weird because I also have a 13" softball pattern from them and it's not nearly this snug. Wonder if they changed the hand stall measurements. But, I believe once broke in it should open up a bit and be just about right. Overall this glove exceeded my expectations. I'm very impressed with the quality and value.

YWPITWz.jpg

Yp4Viw8.jpg

e8X2AES.jpg

7yw0Rlw.jpg

Twk6P0j.jpg

DfoUftj.jpg
DUUUUDE, that true single post on a 12.75 is classic. Reminds me of Seinfeld's glove...
gennice-the-understudy.jpg

Wally Gator

Starting Player
If anyone is going to order a GW glove in the next couple months I’ve got a coupon code for 10% off I won’t be using, just PM me.
Yet another example of what separates this board and regular participants from Greed'aGram. Some young tool messaged me there with a rawlings coupon that he wanted $20 for. I impolitely let him know what I thought of him and his selfish ways.
On a positive note, PM me here if you are after a high end purchase deal.
Way to go Bow Commander!!

Bow Commander

Yet another example of what separates this board and regular participants from Greed'aGram. Some young tool messaged me there with a rawlings coupon that he wanted $20 for. I impolitely let him know what I thought of him and his selfish ways.
Glad it went to good use! I've gleaned an insane amount information from members here over the last couple years. Happy to help out a member of the forum.

Party mafia

Was it Rawlings friends and family code? After mlb bought out Rawlings, dont see that f and f code anymore.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
He used his own real glove for the show lol...

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F08%2Fjerry-seinfeld-debuts-new-york-mets-nike-shox-tl-1.jpg
And no one has taken a guess at the model yet?!

Pro6? If so, he would have bought it in his 30s or 40s, right? Looks used in the pic from the show, but not too used. Episode from 1995, could the glove be new that year?

powermatt99

Gloveman
I got my GW Steerhide last year. My midnight tan doesn't look as dark and rich as the pictures I've seen. Maybe they goofed but I had nothing to compare it to. I requested no factory break in but the glove came pretty soft. Also, the pattern is weird compared to the standards from Wilson or Rawlings. You certainly get what you pay for.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
not a fan of the white personally but that orange looks great!
i wanted to get all three leather grades to see how good the leather was. the steer hide and kip are stiff as hell ( i still havent broken in my blue glove) and the game day is surprisingly stiff. im a league nighter so i dont see the white getting too bad.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Never thought I’d say this, cause I love traditional tan / tan / tan, but that blue with tan laces looks pretty dang good!