GMP700 Web Swap

mlbcheung

I'm thinking of doing a web swap for my new GMP700 to a H-web. Any recommendation for dimensions of the web to order? Thanks all! This glove would be for slowpitch OF.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
does any one know if the ox blood color from glovesmith superstore matches the reddish tan that the GMP700 comes in? if not, does anyone have a suggestion for a place to match that color for an H web swap?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
does any one know if the ox blood color from glovesmith superstore matches the reddish tan that the GMP700 comes in? if not, does anyone have a suggestion for a place to match that color for an H web swap?
Matching anything other than black is always tough. You are better off going with a complementary color.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm thinking of doing a web swap for my new GMP700 to a H-web. Any recommendation for dimensions of the web to order? Thanks all! This glove would be for slowpitch OF.
I have swapped an H-web onto a GMP700 before, but cannot recall the measurements. But think about how wide and deep you want it to play. The trap is pretty wide (I think you can go with a web 5"-5.5" wide at the top). As for length, the longer you make it, the more it will bow back and deeper it will play. How long is the trap post?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swapped an H-web onto a GMP700 before, but cannot recall the measurements. But think about how wide and deep you want it to play. The trap is pretty wide (I think you can go with a web 5"-5.5" wide at the top). As for length, the longer you make it, the more it will bow back and deeper it will play. How long is the trap post?
I am going to correct myself. Don't go wider than 5" at the top as the angle on the thumb keeps you from lacing it at 5" anyway.

fluffy15

Addicted to Softballfans
Here you go. I hope this helps. This is a web from a gmp300 mizuno sent me years ago.

Attachments

• 20201207_162309_resized_1.jpg
    20201207_162309_resized_1.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201207_162318_resized_1.jpg
    20201207_162318_resized_1.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201207_162309_resized_1.jpg
    20201207_162309_resized_1.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 17

mlbcheung

Thanks all for your help! I'll go with the GMP300 web dimensions as that seems to be a safe bet. I had gotten a black GMP700 to make it easier to match colours for the swap.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Oops attched the same pic twice.
What is the measure at the bottom edge of the bar? You cannot get an aftermarket web with those angles at the side. of the bar, so you really need the measurement along the bottom edge.

mlbcheung

Late response, but finally getting around to ordering the replacement web. I measured the current trapeze web that's on it.
5.5" at the top, 7 6/16" length.

Based on the pics provided by fluffy, i'm thinking:

Web Length -7.25",
Top Bar Width - 5.5"
Mid Bar Width - 4.75"
Base Width - 4.5" (It looks like this is the widest it goes on USA Direct.)

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Late response, but finally getting around to ordering the replacement web. I measured the current trapeze web that's on it.
5.5" at the top, 7 6/16" length.

Based on the pics provided by fluffy, i'm thinking:

Web Length -7.25",
Top Bar Width - 5.5"
Mid Bar Width - 4.75"
Base Width - 4.5" (It looks like this is the widest it goes on USA Direct.)
I seem to recall the width of the base should be fairly narrow on these Mizunos. Like maybe 4". Remember, the lace can extend past the base to dive into a hole, but if the base is too wide, it is more problematic. Then again, if guys say the GMP300 web fits, I won't argue with them!