Goff Thread

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I don't give a **** about scholarships....i think that line of thinking is misguided and dumb. I want them to be happy.....

And they both play golf, both are good....both hate it

Country469

indeed it is hard. But with 85% of golfers cheating like Bob Kraft every time out how bad can it be. You get to give yourself a ****ing score.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
You can't cheat your way good at golf.....

If I went out and shot in the 90s regularly, I just wouldn't play

Which is odd because the courses you play determine your score more than your swing does...

Yes I said it...i mean it

Country469

I 100% agree with that.

I'm sitting at 11 HC right now, but I only play back tees now. Cuz its the right thing to do.

Country469

I read somewhere that 90% of golfers would never break 100 if forced to play by rule the entire round. Now, what qualifies as a golfer vs some hack who plays once a year and used clubs from 1983?

Country469

right, bunch of beers, big stoogie, who cares if I suck cuz everyone else does too, Lets do donuts in the cart yipeeeee

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Who knows.....

Still depends on course.

The guy who bought ours sucks.....so he cut every branch up every tree up to five feet. I can punch a 5 iron 150 yds in thin grass with reasonable accuracy. Kinda defeats the purpose when you drive the ball out of the fairway, behind a tree and still end up with a birdie chance

Stretch19

Grow up
by primo's logic, i should quit playing, which is unfortunate...im ok with being consistently in the 90's

i was 91 saturday with 2 lost balls

Joker

one of the courses by me added foot/soccer golf to the holes. they run the tee times right along with normal golf tee times. no one plays there anymore

Primo

fat and famous pablo
by primo's logic, i should quit playing, which is unfortunate...im ok with being consistently in the 90's

i was 91 saturday with 2 lost balls

Right......

I didn't misspeak......

If I was young and just learning and intended to get better, that's one thing. At 37, if I suck at it, it's not worth it

I'm sure someone will come back and say it's okay if it's fun....and I agree....except for me, it woudlnt be fun. Which was my point

It's not logic....we are hard wired differently. Not better or worse

Stretch19

Grow up
exactly, different strokes for different folks...my best round is 79, but i also shot 103 with country

most are in the mid/upper 80s if its a course im familiar with and play regularly; but 90s is pretty common otherwise

i also dont have kids and dont have **** else to do

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I had hoped I'd mellow with age....i haven't

It's gotten worse, actually.

It's whatevs

Joker

exactly, different strokes for different folks...my best round is 79, but i also shot 103 with country

most are in the mid/upper 80s if its a course im familiar with and play regularly; but 90s is pretty common otherwise

i also dont have kids and dont have **** else to do
i'm right there with you

Stretch19

Grow up
the way i look at it, im never going to be a professional, im never going to get paid to play or win big money in cash games, etc

so why not just enjoy it and try to make it respectable?

my goal honestly is to be able to play ready golf with any level handicap and at the end of the round not have fully embarrassed myself

Stretch19

Grow up
being a scratch golfer is cool and all, but ive played rounds with people that were where it was truly miserable

ive also played with dudes who shoot 100 and have enjoyed it so much more cause they werent complete pricks and were ready to play with it was their turn

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Not even sure what top 1% would be.....

Millions of golfers.....none of us are good. Myself included....its why I slowed down. Started at 25ish.....played 7 days a week, lunch hour, at dawn....disnt matter.

Now I'm maxed out....wont get any better without a total overhaul, lessons and time.....none of which will happen. It's lost its allure. I wish it hadnt