Goff Thread

Country469

I enjoy a beer or two after I walk 18 but yeah I don't get drunk on the course and find that **** annoying.

I'm anti the barstoolification of golf

hedge

life takes guts
What has barstool done that has been bad for the game? Absolutely nothing other than making tournaments for amateurs and showing how a regular fan reacts to stuff.

hedge

life takes guts
Idk man. Anything to grow the game is a good thing. They are in the business of making money and they have proven to be good at it.

Their podcast stinks btw

Country469

I disagree. Shrink the game. Golf has gotten more expensive, more crowded, and far slower in general since covid hit around here.

yes, they are a quality hype and marketing machine, I can respect that. Just not my cup of tea.

Country469

Most of what I see at barstool is the opposite of my personal tastes.

I have a buddy from PH who works for the resort that said their event left trash everywhere and did low class kind of things

I saw they had an event at a course in MD. Good course, expensive. But charging 4x the normal rate to play their for the event to me is gouging. Have they offered an NFT to their followers yet, thats the latest thing to do to capitalize on the golf market.

Country469

I despise the vast majority of golf influencers and and **** yes

trap golf and muni kids I like a bit but I buy logo over run polos for $20 most of the time from 2nd

tearing down the american country club model is fine imo, just not doing it the WWE way

I no longer care for Paige or Swag either.

Joker

old.jpg

1MasterBatter

No Goddamn Soliciting
Ive never been slowed down by anyone getting out of their cart and chugging beers. I get slowed down by people that are bad at golf or by an overcrowded course. Neither of which point toward golf shrinking.

Country469

people who suck at golf and people who go to the course to chug beer is the spider man meme for 95% of the time

go to top golf and **** measure on distance

Country469

When these folks start to let faster groups through we can talk.

When they take care of the course, and rake bunkers, and leave it the way they found it to the best they can we can talk.

This generation of golfer didn't get the ettitquette lessons and doesn't consider anyone on the course but themselves

hrdchrgin13

Golf is weird two weeks ago we were on the green and couldn’t Sink a birdie putt to save our life but pars came easy. Green, miss birdie by a hair, tap in par no sweat

Shot even

last night we couldn’t hit a green for **** but we made some good chips and sunk a lot of putts to save par. Fringe, chip, 12’ par putt. Out there battling

Ended up +1

hrdchrgin13

The flipside the country coin we play with a guy on occasion they read putts for 15 minutes and drag the damn game To a slow pace. last night they were in the group ahead of us and we waited to tee off every hole