Goff Thread

Stretch19

Grow up
2nd Round of the 2019 Central Carolina Classic going down today at Jamestown Park Golf Course aka Jimmy Town

https://jamestownparkgolf.com/

favorite local muni and more or less my home track as we play 18 here basically once a week in the evening, twilight rate to ride is $25

course underwent a big greens renovation back in 2016 where they redesigned, reconstructed and changed the surfaces of all 19 greens on the course to tif eagle bermuda, which is similar to the greens that were played yesterday and far different from the surfaces native to the mountains of SW Virginia

course lay out is your pretty standard muni with tight, tree lined fairways and not much length involved here as it only plays 6665 yards from the tips and roughly 6200 from the +1 tees we typically play

some good opportunities for scoring today, but mainly a course that puts an emphasis on accuracy off the tee and your approaches into the firm and fast greens

really looking forward to andy joining the normal crew at the home track, should be a good time

hedge

life takes guts
I was paired with the a player that is allotted the highest handicap and he’s a lefty. Our playing partners are old douche bags.

We didn’t go for more than the starting bid lol

Stretch19

Grow up
quite the eventful afternoon/evening yesterday at Jimmy Town for the second leg of the Central Carolina Classic

on the way to the course, radio was interrupted twice with severe thunderstorm warnings from the NWS, no biggie, its gonna blow right over

arrived to the course around 415, hoping to get off at roughly 430 which allows us to get 18 in before the carts need to be back at 8 or so...walking up to the clubhouse, i was the last one to arrive, andy waiting for me in a cart, load up the bags and see my two buddies driving back from the first tee...unload the bags under the covered patio and watched it monsoon and lightning for about 20 minutes

next thing you know, sky clears a bit, rain stops and off we go...course is bit wet to start...firm and fast greens have softened a bit, allowing balls to stick much more so than usual, however putting still proves to be a challenge

front 9 was iffy at best and things unraveled a bit on the back as we blew a lead and ended up losing our aggregate match with john and josh 1 up after pushing 18

Stretch 82
Andy 94

woke up this morning to a deleted round in grint though, so did it really even happen?

hedge

life takes guts
That’s a solid write up. I had one of those nights where you hit every sprinkler head, pine cone and side hill to get the worst kicks ever.

Joker

shot a 77/80 to win my club championship flight. won by a stroke, other guy shot 80/78. hot and windy as **** today. put up an 8 on #11, other guy missed 3 short putts later in the round and I played steady to the clubhouse

8dGXqvw.jpg

GmI80Sm.jpg

Country469

If I was to actually card that round in the HC system it would be incorrect. It was not a regulation round. Want to be giving me shots next time because we played in the dark?

huzzdog

retired
weather here is absolutely perfect for golf now.. 75 ish no humidity and the leaves haven't started to fall yet. bonus feature.. .all the tourists are gone

Joker

thanks guys

128 hedge, wtf?

weather here is still nice, supposed to be cooler today and tomorrow but then warm again.