Goff Thread

chile

Bad Ape
When these folks start to let faster groups through we can talk.

When they take care of the course, and rake bunkers, and leave it the way they found it to the best they can we can talk.

This generation of golfer didn't get the ettitquette lessons and doesn't consider anyone on the course but themselves

i've had people flat out refuse to let me and others play through...then ***** when we play up on them while there's no one in ****ing sight ahead of them...and we have groups behind us. makes no ****ing sense.

chile

Bad Ape
was playing my best round in a loooong time on a course that gives my ****ty game fits...just teeing off with the 3W to hit fairways, hitting GIR's. even starting out with 2 doubles, finished the front 9 in 40...was doing almost as well on the back 9 then my knee kinda gave out on 14 and i couldn't get into a full turn off the tee, or any other club for that matter...only wedges were "okay"...did the back 9 in 44. guess i'll be taking some time off till this knee bull**** goes away.

Country469

Violent lip out on 18 to 3 jack and shoot 80. Finished T2 net and 4th gross outa 31, first time ever having positive quota points in a HC event.

Beat stretch 7 and 6 in our match lulz

hrdchrgin13

It’s safe to say we don’t belong in tournaments.

I played some of my best golf of the year these past 2 days but unfortunately I still suck. My nephew played decent and was a good lead off man, had some good putting lines just didn’t have his speed dialed in blasting off on several putts. Golf homie’s game was MIA Saturday and not much better yesterday.

Went from -1 through 8 to +4 through 14 on Saturday Imploding for a few holes like ****ty golfers do.

Sunday we shot even

We either finished last or next to last.

hrdchrgin13

Nephew wanted to keep up with how many times we played each ball Sunday. Tally ended up being 34 of mine, 19 for nephew, and 18 for golf homie.

And according to them I played better Saturday.

I was blasting my driver and irons were on point. Putting wasn’t as good but I don’t know if I was caving to the pressure of them missing ****

Joker

Wild Ryder Cup this weekend

Saturday is two 9 hole matches. 2 man best ball on the front, 2 man alt shot on the back. You get a point for each hole you win and for each match you win. Even after the match is over you keep playing the holes for all the points. 18 holes and 2 matches, so a total of 20 points available.

We were down 2 after 4. We had both hit out tee shots OB on 4. I had dropped my club as I was trying to watch my tee shot, stepped on the grip and rolled my ankle. Fell on my ass and landed on my wrist.

5 is a par 3, the other team puts one shot on the green fairly close and the other just short I yanked my shot left into the bunker. My partner steps up and 1 hop right into the hole.

His ace completely changes the momentum. We won 5, won 6, won 7. Ended up winning the first match 1 up.

We shot -3 on the back 9 alt shot. Won that match 5&3. We ended up winning 9 of the last 14 holes to stomp them 14.5 to 5.5.

I shot 74 on Sunday and won my singles match 2&1. Rolled in three 30'+ putts but also had three three putts.

There were also 2 more holes in one on 14 and 16 on Sunday. 3 total over the weekend. Sadly my team got beat overall.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I think I missed 2 fairways all day and my lag putting was exceptional. Still shot a damn 94. There is an island green par 3 that was playing 93 yards. Pin was tucked in front left. 10 yards too short was in the water and 10 yards too long was in the water. I hit 2 tee shots in the water. ****ing golf, man.

Country469

I was 2 under through 10 saturday and choked on blood on the back to shoot 75. Shoulda been my best round ever. hit the first 10 GIR, had 3 violent lip outs. around hole 12 came my 3 hole black out. IDK why but every round now I have a 3 hole **** fest. Sometimes I cen keep it under control and go +1 other times drop 4 or 5 shots before its back.

loxx0050

So I just discovered my health insurance wellness card perk says it works at golf stores (including golf galaxy). Now looking to buy a new bag with full length dividers. Any recommendations for something in the sub $300 range. Currently have a "free" $250 that would pay for most of it.

Looking at the Sun Mountain C130 and so far am liking it. The Ogio Woode 15 is intriguing but see complaints of it being tip happy loaded up.

I'm also contemplating instead getting a loft wedge too like a 58 or 60 Vokey....but I don't need another wedge but admittedly 54 is largest loft I got currently..

loxx0050

you also live where its flat

While that is true for most roads....my last round I was in the sand traps that had some nasty grades to clear in a short distance.

Like I said, I don't need another wedge but the want factor is a different story. Too bad I just can't buy a TalorMade driver head from Golf Galaxy by itself. My brother has a couple of spare driver shafts that are TaylorMade specific interface (whichever one I preferred I'd get to keep and he'd sell the other). Otherwise I'd be tempted to buy one of those instead.

Anyways, any comments on the Sun Mountain C130 bag? I'm leaning towards ordering one of those.

hedge

life takes guts
My friend got invited to the member guest Calcutta at TPC Blaine. 144 golfers and they play 36 for 3 days straight

hrdchrgin13

2 weeks in a row I had to get my Pops to sub in in the par 3. He isn’t good and last night he was worse, he made a handful of putts be good god it was a bad round for him

I wasn’t On my game either

My brother and a golf homie shot a good round would’ve been even but they imploded one hole and tripled it. It was horrendous

Them +3
Us +5