Going from a SB73v to .... What to get?

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been swinging a SB73v all summer but the guy who owns it sold it. I'm looking for a replacement and I'm not sure anything else will make me happy. Would the best choice be a OG Flex/Ext or would there be some other options that would get me close? Thanks for the help

SESC1001

FSU Nation
I have been swinging a SB73v all summer but the guy who owns it sold it. I'm looking for a replacement and I'm not sure anything else will make me happy. Would the best choice be a OG Flex/Ext or would there be some other options that would get me close? Thanks for the help

You are correct there is nothing like the sweet spot on a SB73V!

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess it is more a matter of how much the fall off will be then? There is a Recoil and a DST that I can use. I have used the Recoil a few times and really didn't like it. It probably is not broken in yet and it is also a balanced one and I prefer more of a end load.

Tynimiller

Recovering SBF addict
The arrow may fly straighter and a 10 yards longer but the Indian never changes. If you were hitting 350ft shots any good ASA bat will still put it 320ft atleast...if not farther :D

KoolAid

Replacement

It all depends on what you are trying to replace........the feel or the distance? If you are looking to replace the feel you could go with the L.S. ASA triton SBXTA, ASA Recoil, or possibly the OG Miken Velocit-e. If you are looking to replace the distance I don't think that you will find anything stock/legal that will out distance the Voltage. Best vote in both catagories might be the OG Velocit-e or buy another voltage.

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
It all depends on what you are trying to replace........the feel or the distance? If you are looking to replace the feel you could go with the L.S. ASA triton SBXTA, ASA Recoil, or possibly the OG Miken Velocit-e. If you are looking to replace the distance I don't think that you will find anything stock/legal that will out distance the Voltage. Best vote in both catagories might be the OG Velocit-e or buy another voltage.

I guess the feel is the most important thing. I really didn't like the feel of the Recoil though but may have been due to it being balanced. I only play a few times a week now and can't justify the $450+ the voltage goes for on ebay. I might give the DST a chance and get a ASA Recoil maxload if I don't like it. I'll check out a OG Velocit-e too.

I really didn't know how hot a bat the old Voltage was until I started looking for a replacement. A guy on the team had one but would never use it. He thought it was dead out of the box and never took the time to break it in. After some use, I was hitting the ball close to 50ft further than about anyone else in the league and he started getting offers for the bat and probably sold it for a lot less than he could have on ebay.
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

total gearhead

Addicted to Softballfans
i always thought the voltage swung heavy but balanced. that was my opinion of it anyway - and so i promptly sold it. so i don't know if an endloaded bat is your answer. but in terms of feel. hmmmm i honestly would say like a heavier catty would be your best best. a well broken in one.

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
i always thought the voltage swung heavy but balanced. that was my opinion of it anyway - and so i promptly sold it. so i don't know if an endloaded bat is your answer. but in terms of feel. hmmmm i honestly would say like a heavier catty would be your best best. a well broken in one.

That is probably a much better way to describe how the Voltage swung. All I know is that the balanced Recoil swung very different and I didn't like it. I know it needed to be broken in, but I just didn't like the way it felt when I made contact and as little as I play now in days, it would take forever to get it broken in.
Not that anyone cares, the guy buying the Voltage backed out and I was able to get it for $200. It is still in great shape and really just got broken in this year. It had good pop last year but really opened up this year. Hopefully it lasts me a while. Thanks for the help

sprtfan

Addicted to Softballfans
200 is a steal. You robbed that guy. ;)

I told him what they were going for but he was happy to sell it to me for that since it ment it would stay with the team. He was glad the other guy backed out though.