golf question

Primo

fat and famous pablo
member guest this weekend....

my partner gets stung by a hornet on Saturday and has an allergic reaction and ends up in the hospital Sunday morning and can't play

our format is 9 hole shamble/9 hole scramble

i have no partner and i obviously can't pick up someone else

if it was you, can i play? do i get 2 shots on the scramble portion and 1 shot on the shamble portion? can i hit 1 ball the whole time and play?

what say you?

Country469

I'm refunding your entry fee because the precedent it foolish. Next time this comes around the club champ's partner mysteriously is sick and he has to play 2 shots too? Nah, just don't play guy.

Country469

I wouldn't let him, generally the point of a member guest is to get outsiders in and attract attention and more possible members. Letting the club champ play solo defeats the purpose of that, and the intent of the whole thing. Can you not find another non member? Stretch shot 85 friday he's good for it.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I'm not the club champ....my partner is the defending invitational champ and i wasn't allowed another member even though i have the best player in the tourney

i'm not arguing....i really dont care, it just caused a ruckus.

The TD went to everyone in our flight and asked if they cared if i played and hit 2 balls in the scramble and 1 ball in the shamble. they all (all of them) agreed until the scores came in.

I actually agree w/ you and i think everyone was under the impression they weren't going to play like **** and it wouldn't ever come into play....it just did and then it got all heated. I actually just sat over at the table drinking bloody mary's.....

hedge

life takes guts
If they agreed to it then they don't have a leg to stand on.

But u would have told you to not play and to drive around and heckle people

Country469

I called a dude for cheating this weekend and it got kinda ugly, he won't play with us again lulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllz

Primo

fat and famous pablo
If they agreed to it then they don't have a leg to stand on.

But u would have told you to not play and to drive around and heckle people

this is the only reason it was a deal.....they said yes, then they got beat and complained

for the record, i was disqualified....and while i think that's absolutely the correct decision, i just thought it was funny.

the TD said if the situation happens again, the solo will be allowed to play by himself but he'll only be able to hit 1 ball

hedge

life takes guts
That's probably the right decision anyways.

I would call all of the people who complained bitches and verbally abuse them

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i'm not sure how i would have handled it.....

well, i do know how...i'd have done it just like he did

i'm not giving a refund or even a partial refund and quite frankly, imo, i'd rather have 2 shots by myself than 1 and 1 by my partner about 99% of the time. the entire flight sucked....the stars really aligned. it wouldn't happen like this again 1 time out of 1000

Primo

fat and famous pablo
2 looks at the same putt is such an uber advatage tho

yep.....it's a huge advantage. come across a drive just a hair? i can set another one down and hit the middle 90% of the time.....same thing on the approach shots. just a bit long or short, just drop another and adjust

****ty thing is i only hit a 2nd ball 4 or 5 times and never needed to...just did for ****s. I did make a second putt one time.

again, i was just going out to mess around and keep an eye on the other team i was playing with so they weren't by themselves and then i got hot and everyone else sucked. was kinda weird

Primo

fat and famous pablo
thats the one thing I forgot to ask was if the attest was for or against you getting the prize?

was probably 60/40 against.....

the TD said my guy didn't show up so we're just gonna give him 2 shots on the scramble and he has to play his own ball on the shamble but didn't really ask anyone. I talked to the flight and they said they didn't care

the issue is it was rained out w/ about 3 holes left so they had to go off the front which was the scramble only......

the arguments went like this. "it's a 2 man tourney and he was by himself and against the rules" "you knew that and agreed to it and you're a ***** because now you want to complain"

pretty interesting to watch, actually

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
To the initial question, I'd have let you play, but just one ball the whole time. Sounds like that is all you would have needed anyway.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
it's a moot point but no, 1 ball wouldn't have been enough. I eagled a par 5 and it was my 2nd putt....that alone would have put me in a tie

it's way easier to take a confident, aggressive swing/approach when you know you've got another shot in your pocket