Good Bats in Mega Suck League?

Bro Mo

Addicted to Softballfans
A bro from work was short a player so I figured I could add an extra night for some swings and took him up on it. Turns out it is the WORST OF THE WORST co-rec league. Not even worth explaining how bad all the players are on every team.... it's that bad. It is an NSA sanction though, but no one uses anything better than a Cyclone. I believe I am going to seriously hurt someone if I use my 2000 hit utrip recoil.

1) How many of you have ever gotten stuck playing in one of these MEGA SUCK LEAGUES

2) Did you use your normal bats??? I feel a little nervous about doing it because someone is going to go down....... HARD! :mad:

Country35

Banned User
A bro from work was short a player so I figured I could add an extra night for some swings and took him up on it. Turns out it is the WORST OF THE WORST co-rec league. Not even worth explaining how bad all the players are on every team.... it's that bad. It is an NSA sanction though, but no one uses anything better than a Cyclone. I believe I am going to seriously hurt someone if I use my 2000 hit utrip recoil.

1) How many of you have ever gotten stuck playing in one of these MEGA SUCK LEAGUES

2) Did you use your normal bats??? I feel a little nervous about doing it because someone is going to go down....... HARD! :mad:

mega suck players dont usually get in front of the ball or know where to position themselves to make a play....stay out of the middle and your g2g

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Jesus, just hit the ball man. You dont hit it that hard that ur gonna vaporize someone with a grounder. I love these threads.

ENVY

Jesus, just hit the ball man. You dont hit it that hard that ur gonna vaporize someone with a grounder. I love these threads.

I don't about this guy, but last week I was shooting lasers out of 09 ressy mutant it was like ghostbusters I tell you.

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
This happened to me once. I used a decent stick and told all the guys on the team to swing it. Ended up selling them the bat to use the rest of the season

Ducksnort

Addicted to Softballfans
When I am in that situation I tell the pitcher I am too awesome for this league and if you value the lives of any player on your team you should just put me on. They then usually kneel and wave me down the 1st base line.

Julio19

I play in a league just like this 1 night of the week. I swing my normal bats and the whole team uses my bats as well. A lot of the other teams have hammers and cyclones. Some still have the wrappers on them. very funny. They all think I'm some mega superstar....it's a good ego pump. Then back to reality on my other teams.

JPG

Lefty
when the balls are wak I use a broom stick. its cheaper than anything else. Only If I feel like going out there and fielding, if not I wont even play.

Sampson90

Just went out a had fun when I played with a beginner based team.
Change your hits to long balls, instead of ground balls or line drives and have fun.

drburges

OOH KILL EM
I feel ya bro! I played intermurals last year just for ****s n gigs with some of my buddys that liked it but didn't take it serious. I pitched and threw a no hitter and a 1 hitter in slow pitch! Everyone made fun of me for bringing more than just a glove and wearing my game pants. I worked on hitting to right and don't know if I made an out and I'm no all-star haha but if a guy strts talking ish don't be afraid to buzz the tower up the middle

hatemail

Starting Player
if your that much of a masher why dont you swing one of those cyclones and save everyone some medical bills?

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Sounds like the league I'm in...or at least I hope so! ;)

Although I haven't seen our competition yet, only my team. But they don't use expensive bats, that much I know for sure!

GrizcoN

The Rookie
This sounds like my Wen night league. Last year I was known for hitting base hits with junk bats. Well see what I can do with a Nanotek SPA. Hopefully dropping bombs over the outfielders that play me in. I have to get my post count up before I can do that though....Right?

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
I subbed on a coed league one night last year that used 44/400's and any bat. They had a boombah cannon that I swung the whole time. It was also the lowest level of softball that ever played the game.

Shouldnt be the opposite though? The mored skilled players should use the better equipment.............

Country35

Banned User
I subbed on a coed league one night last year that used 44/400's and any bat. They had a boombah cannon that I swung the whole time. It was also the lowest level of softball that ever played the game.

Shouldnt be the opposite though? The mored skilled players should use the better equipment.............

if you suck you dont need good equipment, but if your good you shouldnt need it....

u playin chance crawford

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
practice placemnt hittng with a cheap metal or comp, it is just for extra swings right?

make a game of seeing how close you can get to hitting the lines or something

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i forgot to troll...............

i am always way better than everyone i play against. the OP described every game i ever play in

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans

Absolutely not. If I used my normal bats, the sonic boom generated at impact would've knocked every fielder down. It's just too much power for one man to possess.

Seriously, hit the ball dude. Unless you're purposely shooting middle on someone, no one is going down....HARD!

Last edited:

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
It's called bat control. Usually you want to hit it where the players are NOT, like over the fence. ijs

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
if you suck you dont need good equipment, but if your good you shouldnt need it....

u playin chance crawford

We're (MWM) playing at watkins (ISA) this weekend but if those fields are unplayable it'll be moved to potomac lakes.

April 2-3, 2011
Mizuno Bat Give-Away
Watkins Regional Park

Fee-
$300 + sanction

Format-
4 game guarantee (2 pool into double elimination)

Divisions-
UPPER: 4 HR & 1-up (over the limit HRs are outs)

LOWER: 2 HR (over the limit HRs are inning ending outs)

Awards-
Sponsor awards, etc PLUS-
1st - 4th place in the "A" flight will recieve 1 Mizuno Craze bat
1st - 2nd place in the "B" flight will receive 1 Mizuno Craze bat

A portion of each team's entry fee will be added to the Capital Conference Championshi p fund

UPPER entries-
C.G.R. Softball
Seabreeze / Team Moose
Platinum Sports
M.W.M.
Semper Sports

LOWER entries-
Superior
AC Concrete
Grim Reapers (WV)
Affinity Softball
A.M.I. Softball