Grit Batpack vs anything else out there?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
My Easton 5-tool is finally on it's way out (the bat sleeves are blowing out) so I need to replace it. I prefer a batpack over a roller but need something to carry 4 bats, 2 gloves and my pitching helmet/soft shinguards. Has anyone tried the Grit batpack? Any thoughts on it and it's durability?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Boombah super pack is my choice, can hold 4 bats, 2 gloves and turfs, the water bottle holder sucks, but I just throw the bottle in the top portion, if you put a glove/s in the lower turf area, a helmet and shin guards should fit up top

blakcherry329

I had the Grit Tower and the zipper on one the the pockets broke pretty quickly. It was good, otherwise. I hear Boombah had a roller bat pack(shoulder straps, too). I have the Superpack(just the roller) and it's pretty good. I would recommend getting a shelf for it. Otherwise the bags tend to lose their shape after a while. I don't put my shinguard in there, btw. Not sure which bat pack is big enough for a helmet and shin guards.

ShortYellowBus

DeMarini Special Ops or the SiS Smash Ops bat pack. There’s other options, but the Boombah seems smaller than the ones I said.

The grit bag looks like it’s made for kids. Skip that one.

Good luck!

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Just saw a boombah catchers super pack backpack as well that has large mesh pockets to hold shin guards, but dimension wise it is a little smaller than the sis smash ops

Hiltz

Built for comfort
My Easton 5-tool is finally on it's way out (the bat sleeves are blowing out) so I need to replace it. I prefer a batpack over a roller but need something to carry 4 bats, 2 gloves and my pitching helmet/soft shinguards. Has anyone tried the Grit batpack? Any thoughts on it and it's durability?

I've had one for years and it's unbeatable. The only sign of wear on mine is the rubberized bottom, the bat sleeves show no sign of wear.

The grit bag looks like it’s made for kids. Skip that one.

I got my Grit backpack for times when I didn't want to carry a "big" bag, league nights and such. Started unloading stuff from my roller to the Grit and quickly realized that the Grit could actually hold more than my roller (Diamond Boost, so not tiny).

Online pictures are deceptive and the backpack looks smaller because it doesn't have a bunch of external pockets but it's a beast. 26" high and the internal frame makes it very deep. I can easily fit 2 gloves, 4 bats, facemask, windbreaker, towel, hoody, first aid kit, 2 pairs of cleats, etc. in mine. And the front cooler pocket can hold 3 tallboys.

The only real complaint is the bag is always big no matter how little you pack in it. Throw a single glove and a pair of cleats in and it's just as big as it is when stuffed full because of the frame.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
The Rawlings R1801 Wheeled Catcher's Backpack this thing is a dream. Can hold size 15 cleats no problem can hold catchers shin guards on the outside of the bag. A few pockets. Loved the bag and you can roll along or backpack holds 4 bats too. The only issue I had with the bag is after 3 weeks it started to slump over. So that is an issue but great bag for a long day in the field.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rawlings+r1801+wheeled+catcher's+backpack+stores&oq=rawlings+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59l3j0.6304j0j4&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mo

SandyWH

#Delicious
The Grit back pack is awesome, but the shelves don't hold up well. But everything else will last.