GW gameday Vs pro steerhide

mkaufm1

I have a friend that’s used his gameday for 3 softball seasons and it’s still holding up well. I’ve bought a few friends kids gamedays and they’ve held up well also.

rhino54

I had a gameday and loved it. Just sold it so I can make one with my sons name on it. Just wondering if the jump in tier is worth the money

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I’ve only had one GW before, a Dan Davis in Midnight Tan Pro-Steerhide, the leather was fantastic! Sorry, no comparison with the Gameday….I still say go for the Pro-Steerhide!

rhino54

I’m thinking of just pulling on the pro steerhide. Just the gameday is one great bang for the buck for sure

ShortYellowBus

Game day is perhaps a medium tier glove. It’s plenty of glove for 99% of casual players and even high school kids.

Pro steerhide is stiffer, and given the amount of work it takes to break in, I wouldn’t recommend buying it for a child who needs to use it right away.

I highly recommend the GW brand, especially for kids because the handstallls are really snug. I’ve gotten the game day versions for my kids.

rhino54

I love my Rawlings and Wilson’s but I’m wanting to go gloveworks because I want to customize something with my first horns name on it

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Game Day is great! Like mentioned before, absolutely perfect for younger players all the way through high school. Softer leather that breaks in faster, but with the all-leather construction it will absolutely be much more durable than a comparably-priced R9, A1000, Gamer, etc. GW also uses the same internal felts and plastics for each series, from Game Day to Pro Kip, so you don't have cheaper felt being used in the Game Day than you would in the Pro Steer, another noticeable difference between, say, an A1000 vs A2000 or Gamer vs HOH.

That being said, you will notice a drastic difference in the stiffness of the Pro Steer compared to a Game Day. Nice thick Japanese-tanned leather, like the good old days of HOH gloves (pre-2019). Plus, the midnight tan is 😇

Order either with confidence

Dan