Happy New Year - Are you playing this year?

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Happy New Year to all those who are still around this board.

The forum was down for a few days. Not sure why? Got no response from Customer Service.
Glad to see it back up & running - I was afraid it was being deleted.

So - Who's actually playing this year.

I expect to return to the team I played Fall Ball for in league. But you just never know until the
season starts because there is so little commitment, either from the players or to the players.

%%%

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
last couple years have been very light for me. covid and a baby. leagues have folded and my phone doesn't ring so much. need to make the effort to get back out there

TheKid33

Star Player
Happy New Year all.

Definitely excited for the spring season. A little more than 3 months to go.

I had a severe ankle sprain back in mid October that forced me to sit out the last week in one of my leagues and playoffs for my leagues. I’m still not all the way right, but I’m going to start doing some rehab on it and should be good to go by mid feb-early March.

Playing on my original team (12th year) on Thursday nights. And a team I just started this past fall (we won the league championship) on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights,

I’ve already bought a new bat and other stuff I’ll need lol so ready.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Nope, have only played twice since I moved from MN to WI. I'll be spending lots of time on the fields umpiring local leagues, tournaments and Conference USSSA. My season starts in two weeks at Challenge Cup.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fall league playoffs got rained out, still looking forward to whichever odd day they decide to reschedule...

Winter league started up last night in theory; rained out as well.
We'll see when I get back on the field again, but this time off has been heaven sent for my heel to heal

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I plan to return to a great 55+ league that I discovered last season (WCSAA). It’s 15 minutes from my house and plays a single 9-inning game 2x a week. Teams are picked draft style during bp. If I had to play elsewhere I would probably spend that time fishing or losing golf balls instead.

blakcherry329

Playing indoor which isn't the same but keeps me young and able to still hang with the youngins. Most likely will be Sunday Mornings, Weeknight Men's, Coed Weeknights and a buddy of mine is planning to do over 40 Tournaments this year.
over 40 Tourney? Nice. Not many of those around

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Been on the same Thursday night league team for the past five years or so. Unless the team folds for some crazy reason, I'll probably be playing.

TBD on what happens after I move this summer. Not sure if I'll get to find a new team immediately or if I'll have to wait until Spring.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fall league playoffs got rained out, still looking forward to whichever odd day they decide to reschedule...

Winter league started up last night in theory; rained out as well.
We'll see when I get back on the field again, but this time off has been heaven sent for my heel to heal
Well, it's raining now and will continue overnight.
Pretty sure Weds will be a scratch as it was last week.
*Edit - Weds has just been confirmed, cancelled a day early

Fingers crossed that they don't try and push us into the games on Thursday.
Even if the IF is worked to appear dry, the grass will still be saturated

Last edited:

defos

I'm 67. I've been playing since 1987 with the exception of '95, and I did play in a tournament that year. I also played a season in the early '80s, so I have 36 or 37 years depending on whether the 1 tourney counts.

jhitman

I swung a senior bat a few years ago for the first time (Melee2) with a decent softball. I was really surprised on the extra distance. I still hit it decently with the USSSA bats, but the senior bat gave me an extra 25' or so. I was so used to hitting mush balls for so long that hitting the senior bat felt like cheating. I guess that's why I am looking forward to playing a few senior tournaments to see the extra exit velo speed as well as distance. Should be fun.......