Has anyone here ordered a Marucci CMOD yet? Seen a review?

thirdbase24

Addicted to Softballfans
Like the title says. I'm kind of itching to buy one. Leaning towards the Cypress series with a CMOD interior. But it would be great to see a couple of examples before shelling out the cash. I've only seen one on IG and none anywhere else.

Jomatty

Starting Player
Maybe @Jomatty or @StickCollector will fund one for you? They've both been on a buying frenzy lately! Come on guys, help a brother out!
I wish I could! With relatively small hands and preferring to go TIP they might work really well for me. But I’m out on less than half salary until the world gets back to normal... Anyone need to buy a glove ?

Jomatty

Starting Player
Thanks guys. Mostly I was using a little gallows humor to make a joke, But I’m not actually trying to sell that many gloves.. I do have that 12.25 np5mmpro glove for sale. Fortunately I’m not in dire straits. I just can’t buy a c-mod... I shouldn’t joke about having to sell things to get by when many people may in fact be in that position right now.

mv_mkv

My CMOD arrived today. Working on getting pictures up.
I received mine last night. Only issue is they sent me the wrong glove. I ordered a cypress ($300 steerhide) 12.5" I web. However a capital ($400 Kip) 11.5" H web showed up.

I ordered mine with a medium C Mod shift and the one that came is a large cmod shift. I can feel how snug this handstall would be on someone with longer fingers and it actually feels super comfortable. I'm glad I ordered the medium c mod because it should fit my hand more perfectly.

Another thing that really popped when I opened this up was the case the glove came in. (I'm not sure if this is only a capital series requirement to receive the case, but it feels super premium and is a nice touch to include with the order). I'm hoping once I get my order corrected that the Cypress custom comes with one. Anyways those are my quick take aways here are some pics I took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Me29VdkvzVGPTnk37

BBiskis

I received mine last night. Only issue is they sent me the wrong glove. I ordered a cypress ($300 steerhide) 12.5" I web. However a capital ($400 Kip) 11.5" H web showed up.

I ordered mine with a medium C Mod shift and the one that came is a large cmod shift. I can feel how snug this handstall would be on someone with longer fingers and it actually feels super comfortable. I'm glad I ordered the medium c mod because it should fit my hand more perfectly.

Another thing that really popped when I opened this up was the case the glove came in. (I'm not sure if this is only a capital series requirement to receive the case, but it feels super premium and is a nice touch to include with the order). I'm hoping once I get my order corrected that the Cypress custom comes with one. Anyways those are my quick take aways here are some pics I took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Me29VdkvzVGPTnk37

I ordered a Cyprus and got the same glove "bag" I'd say if it was sold separately you'd be looking at a $50-75 price tag. I'll get photo's up soon.

mv_mkv

My correct order finally came in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9qMsTKn3P6kR35Br7

12.5" - Deep Model
cypress I web
C Mod:shift - medium

Initial impressions of the c mod addition. It's very comfortable. It's a very snug fit when you put your hand in there. My thumb even got semi-stuck when trying to take the glove off. It feels like there is padding all around the hand stall, even the back of your fingers are cushioned (pretty nice feature, in the past I've developed blisters on the back of my pinky because of the rough hand stall). The shift pattern of the c mod feels nice however a little bit awkward (I wear TIP in all my gloves). I almost feel like I should've gotten a traditional grip c mod to fully utilize the benefit of the snug fit. I've always used TIP to compensate for the bigger hand stalls. I'm sure once I started playing catch with it I'll adjust and get the true feel of it.

I chose the Toffee colored leather in the Cypress (steerhide) series. I'm not sure how to describe the leather other than very supple. The glove itself is pretty stiff. Feels very lightweight on the hand, I haven't weighed it or anything but it does feel noticably light. The incorrect order I received prior to this one was the Capital (kip) leather version and to me that one felt a bit more rugged and not as supple as this one. Not sure if that's due to the color of the leather or not but just an observation.

I chose the "Deep" infield pattern because I wanted the infield web selections and the "Standard" depth model only went up to 12". The glove is very deep and feels like it'll play more like a 12" model (probably due to the depth of the pocket).

Overall I think the comfortability of the glove justifies the price. This is the first glove that I've tried on that I feel like I didn't have to adjust the pinky/thumb loops or wrist. The only negative I can think of was the lack of models to choose from. I think I would've preferred the extra length of the fingers in a "standard" depth model but I understand the lack of choices due to the newness of the offerings. That's all I can really think of for now. Let me know if you have any other questions that you might want answered about it.

tbarb

"The shift pattern of the c mod feels nice however a little bit awkward (I wear TIP in all my gloves)" mv_mkv

So do I. Could you elaborate a bit - seems contradictory - and I'm sure it's not.
Would the opening of the 'medium' handstall be about 7" or ?
Thanks,

mv_mkv

"The shift pattern of the c mod feels nice however a little bit awkward (I wear TIP in all my gloves)" mv_mkv

So do I. Could you elaborate a bit - seems contradictory - and I'm sure it's not.
Would the opening of the 'medium' handstall be about 7" or ?
Thanks,
Sorry, you're right, it is contradictory...I should have tried to elaborate better, but in essence I was trying to explain that even though I'm comfortable using T.I.P. on all my gloves, the "fit" on this C-Mod model is so comfortable that by going TIP it seems a bit unnecessary (or awkward). Essentially I've used the T.I.P. grip to help compensate for larger hand stalls, but because the C-Mod is so comfortable and form fitting it feels like wearing the glove with a Traditional Grip would feel the most natural due to the form fitting nature of the C mod addition. I hope that explanation better helps you understand what I was trying to explain in my earlier post.

To answer the second part of your question, this is from their website under the Sizing section.

MEDIUM
Tapered wrist opening measuring 7” with the ability to adjust to 6.5” Best fits a hand size measuring 6.5” – 7.25” in length

LARGE
Wrist opening measuring 7.5” with the ability to adjust to 7” Best fits a hand size measuring 7.5” – 8.25” in length

sleepin4matty

Management Material
My correct order finally came in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9qMsTKn3P6kR35Br7

12.5" - Deep Model
cypress I web
C Mod:shift - medium

Initial impressions of the c mod addition. It's very comfortable. It's a very snug fit when you put your hand in there. My thumb even got semi-stuck when trying to take the glove off. It feels like there is padding all around the hand stall, even the back of your fingers are cushioned (pretty nice feature, in the past I've developed blisters on the back of my pinky because of the rough hand stall). The shift pattern of the c mod feels nice however a little bit awkward (I wear TIP in all my gloves). I almost feel like I should've gotten a traditional grip c mod to fully utilize the benefit of the snug fit. I've always used TIP to compensate for the bigger hand stalls. I'm sure once I started playing catch with it I'll adjust and get the true feel of it.

I chose the Toffee colored leather in the Cypress (steerhide) series. I'm not sure how to describe the leather other than very supple. The glove itself is pretty stiff. Feels very lightweight on the hand, I haven't weighed it or anything but it does feel noticably light. The incorrect order I received prior to this one was the Capital (kip) leather version and to me that one felt a bit more rugged and not as supple as this one. Not sure if that's due to the color of the leather or not but just an observation.

I chose the "Deep" infield pattern because I wanted the infield web selections and the "Standard" depth model only went up to 12". The glove is very deep and feels like it'll play more like a 12" model (probably due to the depth of the pocket).

Overall I think the comfortability of the glove justifies the price. This is the first glove that I've tried on that I feel like I didn't have to adjust the pinky/thumb loops or wrist. The only negative I can think of was the lack of models to choose from. I think I would've preferred the extra length of the fingers in a "standard" depth model but I understand the lack of choices due to the newness of the offerings. That's all I can really think of for now. Let me know if you have any other questions that you might want answered about it.
So how did your order issue get resolved? They just sent you the wrong glove or did they actually mess up your order? How was dealing with CS?

mv_mkv

So how did your order issue get resolved? They just sent you the wrong glove or did they actually mess up your order? How was dealing with CS?
Yeah, my order got resolved. I received the incorrect Custom glove and I emailed Customer Service, they were able locate My Correct Order within a day or so. They basically just gave me a pre-paid shipping label to send the glove I received to the correct customer and vice versa. Customer service was pretty nice, no issues, no extra coupons given to me for my inconvenience or anything but at least they got the problem solved.

tbarb

Thanks for this info.
It will probably take a call to someone there. I need the MEDIUM 7" tapered wrist opening, but have LARGE fingers size length.