Need Help Have a question about a deal

bndawgs

President-Elect
Bought something on here and when the package arrived, it was empty. Seller said he would refund money and report the item stolen. Just curious how long should I wait for the refund?

bndawgs

President-Elect
Does anyone know whether the USPS weighs the package each time it's scanned? Just trying to figure out whether I was sent an empty box to begin with.

bndawgs

President-Elect
The only thing that makes me think that maybe it wasn't empty was that the tape over the top seemed different from the other tape used.

bndawgs

President-Elect
Paid thru Paypal with credit card. He hasn't responded back to me after he said he would refund and report the item stolen Tuesday

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
I don't spend the money until I know the buyer received the item and have a written message from them stating all was good. refund should be immediate. I pay the insurance outta my pocket. id rather spend the $3-$7 than have to pay $100-$200 to make things right

tonys1

Aw man - why hasn’t other party responded or made this right yet? Your reputation is king in these places.

bndawgs

President-Elect
I've sent him another text. I'll call him later and ask him what his plans are. It's a bummer as this is my first bad deal on here after 100s of deals.

dunkky

Paid thru Paypal with credit card. isthat possible? i thought paypal only deals with bank account.

did you do gift or good?

dunkky

really? damn i didn't know that. i asked for that, then paypal rep said no, only way to make pay is by linking the bank acct.
now i know. thanks bro.

AJ22

Super Moderator
One last message .. give your seller 24 hours (this is what I'd do).

No response, file a claim and please post the user name here.

bndawgs

President-Elect
Update: Seller responded and refunded 3/4 of the total amount. That's a start, but I don't feel I should be out any money.

stillballin

The Veteran
Update: Seller responded and refunded 3/4 of the total amount. That's a start, but I don't feel I should be out any money.
did the seller say if he was going to send the rest or is this all he's going to do? did he give a reason?
you did nothing wrong and tried to work with him... time to file a claim... post his name... thread... and all info...
so no one else deals with him until this is fixed...

bndawgs

President-Elect
did the seller say if he was going to send the rest or is this all he's going to do? did he give a reason?
you did nothing wrong and tried to work with him... time to file a claim... post his name... thread... and all info...
so no one else deals with him until this is fixed...

His response:

"Sorry I haven't replied....I've been thinking about this whole situation. I don't feel it's fair that I take the whole hit. I kept my end of the deal and now I'm out money and a device. I think it's fair to refund you 3/4 at least. I'm still losing. Claims have been filed and if the device is ever found or returned to me I will send it to you for no additional money. Sending your paypal now"