Need Help Have a question about a deal

chile

Bad Ape
His response:

"Sorry I haven't replied....I've been thinking about this whole situation. I don't feel it's fair that I take the whole hit. I kept my end of the deal and now I'm out money and a device. I think it's fair to refund you 3/4 at least. I'm still losing. Claims have been filed and if the device is ever found or returned to me I will send it to you for no additional money. Sending your paypal now"

If it was fully insured, he should get the insurance $...if he sends you 3/4, he still keeps the other 1/4 that he doesn't want to refund?? Seems like fuzzy math to me.

bndawgs

President-Elect
If it was fully insured, he should get the insurance $...if he sends you 3/4, he still keeps the other 1/4 that he doesn't want to refund?? Seems like fuzzy math to me.

I'm guessing there was no insurance on it.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
It is totally up to you on what you're willing to settle for but that is not the way it work, you should not be out anything..

What's username?

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
as a seller you are supposed to do everything in your power to cover your ass and make sure the buyer gets the product. 3/4 is NGTG. if you are not given 100% back he needs to be ousted so no one else gets burned by a cheap ass that doesn't wanna pay for insurance.

AJ22

Super Moderator
His response:

"Sorry I haven't replied....I've been thinking about this whole situation. I don't feel it's fair that I take the whole hit. I kept my end of the deal and now I'm out money and a device. I think it's fair to refund you 3/4 at least. I'm still losing. Claims have been filed and if the device is ever found or returned to me I will send it to you for no additional money. Sending your paypal now"

Um .. unless things have changed, yes it is fair he takes the whole hit. This member made the decision on what shipping company to use. Plus, I believe if this person files the claim correctly, they will be refunded fully including shipping.

This member is 100% responsible for their action .... if the money you sent is not returned to you in full, the member you dealt with is NGTG period.

Batalot

@$12.80.. it probably wasn't an empty box. You can go online and figure out how much a box that big, using some arbitrary weight would cost to that destination. If it' cost 12.80 with 0 weight, than, you know he's not being honest with you.

stillballin

The Veteran
Does anyone know whether the USPS weighs the package each time it's scanned? Just trying to figure out whether I was sent an empty box to begin with.

yes... weight is on the receipt... if he shipped with the help of the post office teller

bndawgs

President-Elect
I've requested the rest of the money to be refunded.

So I'm not sure if I should post his info now or if he refuses to send me the rest?

bndawgs

President-Elect
Final Update: Seller has refunded all my money including the fees for the first refund.

I've now been made whole, so what type of information do I post about the seller and deal and where?

Sloth91

i was thinking more along the lines of each time it was scanned. that would tell you whether the package weight changed and if so, when.

the individual post office locations should have access to that. i don't know exactly how easy it will be to get out of them, but there should be some record. you can always ask the delivery person if the box was heavy or seemed empty when they delivered it. not that this helps get your money right now, but it could eliminate a mistake on the postal service's end and alert people around you to potential mail theft.

I've requested the rest of the money to be refunded.

So I'm not sure if I should post his info now or if he refuses to send me the rest?

i say he gets one shot at refunding the rest. if he either doesn't answer or doesn't comply, whichever comes first after 24 hours, put him on blast.

edit: started typing this before you posted that he gave you the rest. still put out a buyer beware because someone who isn't willing to do the right thing on their own probably won't hesitate to **** someone else around in the future