Helmer Dually Review?

FireGuyQ

Has anyone swung the new Easton Helmer Dually? If so, what are your thoughts on performance and durability? Since I don’t really play much tourney ball anymore, figured I’d save money and stuck with a bat that is legal across all associations.

Thanks!

UncleMosk

I will get one just because I'm needing some new sticks. Even though I have enough bats to last me another 10 years!

Hagen49

I pulled the trigger on one today. Hopefully it will be here this weekend and I can go hit with it Sunday

UncleMosk

Please do was looking to purchase next week. Be interesting since the one video I seen was not much to go on.

Hagen49

Mine just got delivered about 10 minutes ago. This may be one of the best looking bats I've ever picked up. It has a metallic base, with the chrome on top. If it hits anywhere near as good as it looks, this may be the bat to have.

Hagen49

So I got about 80 (ugly ugly) swings on it tonight. I love the way it swings. It feels maybe like my 27 swings a touch light, but not terrible.
The barrel feels really stiff at the moment. I'm not sure if its because they are trying to be sure it will be usable for ASA for a while or what, but it didn't feel great, especially if you miss the sweet spot at all. I'm sure the barrel will soften up, but these initial swings were rough. My pitcher was struggling a bit, and a good number of the swings I took were stuff I would watch be called a ball in games, so that didn't help. I am going to do some tee work tomorrow to try and get things to open up. It also sounded very similar to a Louisville bat. Like I said, I really wasn't able to get much going as far as good swings, so I think some tee work tomorrow will help a bunch in getting it where it should be.

4xtra

Player/Coach
So I got about 80 (ugly ugly) swings on it tonight. I love the way it swings. It feels maybe like my 27 swings a touch light, but not terrible.
The barrel feels really stiff at the moment. I'm not sure if its because they are trying to be sure it will be usable for ASA for a while or what, but it didn't feel great, especially if you miss the sweet spot at all. I'm sure the barrel will soften up, but these initial swings were rough. My pitcher was struggling a bit, and a good number of the swings I took were stuff I would watch be called a ball in games, so that didn't help. I am going to do some tee work tomorrow to try and get things to open up. It also sounded very similar to a Louisville bat. Like I said, I really wasn't able to get much going as far as good swings, so I think some tee work tomorrow will help a bunch in getting it where it should be.
Keep us posted,
I got that on the radar as well...
I was curious about that "Ultra Elongated Fibers", is that new tech? or just another name for FF tech?

Hagen49

Keep us posted,
I got that on the radar as well...
I was curious about that "Ultra Elongated Fibers", is that new tech? or just another name for FF tech?
The UEF thing is something Easton started advertising on bats when the FF3 came out. I think what they are doing is suggesting it is FF tech on an ASA legal stick.

I did some tee work with it tonight. It definitely felt and sounded better when I was able to put the ball on the sweet spot. I put probably 40 swings on it, and really tried to keep it all in one area of the bat. Still no sign of webbing or anything, so i think this is just going to be a bat you really have to put some work in on. That's not a bad thing, especially if you're using this mainly to hit 52s, as it should pass compression for a long time. I'm going to keep taking swings on it and see how it develops. I think this seriously just a bat you have to break in.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
The UEF thing is something Easton started advertising on bats when the FF3 came out. I think what they are doing is suggesting it is FF tech on an ASA legal stick.

I did some tee work with it tonight. It definitely felt and sounded better when I was able to put the ball on the sweet spot. I put probably 40 swings on it, and really tried to keep it all in one area of the bat. Still no sign of webbing or anything, so i think this is just going to be a bat you really have to put some work in on. That's not a bad thing, especially if you're using this mainly to hit 52s, as it should pass compression for a long time. I'm going to keep taking swings on it and see how it develops. I think this seriously just a bat you have to break in.

Can you get some batpics?

Hagen49

Thanks for the info. Following this for the durability aspect as I consider its use for fastpitch
It may be really nice for fastpitch. It feels like the first few will probably vibrate the hell out of your hands, but should break in nice.

UncleMosk

Just took 10 cuts with 28oz. Bat will need some work but out of the gate not bad. Slight ping. Sweet looking bat for sure. Will update when count gets over 100 cuts or more.

Hagen49

Took another round of BP with it today. It is getting much better. Still a bit of a ping to it, but it is definitely starting to open up a bit. Definitely a bat you have to work in, but I think its going to end up like those old IMX Eastons that get crazy hot. I don't think it will need the 1000 swings the old bats needed, but do need work.

Tamati63

Took another round of BP with it today. It is getting much better. Still a bit of a ping to it, but it is definitely starting to open up a bit. Definitely a bat you have to work in, but I think its going to end up like those old IMX Eastons that get crazy hot. I don't think it will need the 1000 swings the old bats needed, but do need work.

This just sold it me!!!!

UncleMosk

Did some live BP today. Definitely needs work for the 52's. Hit some that didnt feel great but the ball seemed to carry more than I expected. Ping is almost completely gone.

Hagen49

Did some live BP today. Definitely needs work for the 52's. Hit some that didnt feel great but the ball seemed to carry more than I expected. Ping is almost completely gone.

That's how mine is too. Every session it gets better and better. I don't know how it is at hitting 52s, since I don't really have any in my BP bag, but the classic Ms and 44s are starting to fly off the thing.

UncleMosk

Definitely getting there. Plan to pickup some BP balls specifically for Utrip to break it in more. The barrel has some spots that need work but definitely a good dual stamp. I only have one other dual stamp bat and that's the RED/GREY Omega. Not near that one in performance yet.

jordane1187

Addicted to Softballfans
I have put about 100 swings on mine. Sound is changing and adding some distance.

There is a slight rattle with it now. Hitting all 52s

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it was a 12" I'd already own one. I hate all this quarter of an inch crap. Short and long is all you need.