Help me in my glove journey

bigdogprinting

Hey guys I’m looking for the perfect middle infield glove for me. Went to my local sporting goods store today and all they had were Wilson a2000s. I have a smaller hand so the pedroia fit felt absolutely amazing but the only options were either 11.5 or 12.75. So I’ll give you guys a list of criteria and let’s see where this takes me. This is what I like:

- I like stiff gloves. I want something that is gonna hold its shape for years.

- I’d like to stay under $350

- I prefer something that plays like a 12”-12.25”

- I’m not brand loyal but I’ve always wanted either a Rawlings hoh, pro preferred, or Wilson a2000. I’m open for suggestions if it meets all my criteria.

- I like i webs. I also like a glove that plays short and wide vs long and narrow.

So what do you guys think would be somewhere to start looking? Also, is there a difference between a pedroia fit and a fast pitch glove fit? Thanks guys

ShortYellowBus

Pro-200 and the NP patterns from Rawlings are excellent for middle infielders. I highly recommend the Rawlings NP7 gloves if you’re only interested in a I-web. The Wilson A2000 1781 is a fantastic glove too.

You can also go the custom glove route. I highly recommend the Gloveworks GO96 for middle infield. You can customize it anyway you’d like.

If you’re looking to buy a glove here, I have some that I can show you and I know others who have the type of gloves that you’re looking for.

mkaufm1

My only add here is that a lot of floor models are “pre-squeezed”, so if you’re particular about the break-in or enjoy the full break-in process, then I’d look at online vendors or shops where they keep stock locked or sell ones that aren’t the floor model. I’d also avoid Rawlings R2G gloves.

bigdogprinting

Pro-200 and the NP patterns from Rawlings are excellent for middle infielders. I highly recommend the Rawlings NP7 gloves if you’re only interested in a I-web. The Wilson A2000 1781 is a fantastic glove too.

You can also go the custom glove route. I highly recommend the Gloveworks GO96 for middle infield. You can customize it anyway you’d like.

If you’re looking to buy a glove here, I have some that I can show you and I know others who have the type of gloves that you’re looking for.
Sure man, show me what you have. Anything from 11.75-12.25.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans

only thing i'd say is that several of these models are known to be more for large hands and OP said his were on the smaller side

bigdogprinting

only thing i'd say is that several of these models are known to be more for large hands and OP said his were on the smaller side
Yeah I have very small hands. Pretty much I’m looking for a stiff glove for middle infield slowpitch around 12” that fits like the pedroia gloves. Any recommendations?