help on wood softball bats?

devildonkeys

Addicted to Softballfans
I need a lil bit of help on which WOOD softball bat its great, good and stay away from..
Which weight would be the best to swing. As I swing a 26oz mostly.
So if you guys can give me so info the would be great .....

goro25

Sin Vergüenza
The heavier you can swing the better. Wood is wood, no difference in performance. Bamboo is the most durable.

devildonkeys

Addicted to Softballfans
OK
So how do I choose in weight cuz i don't want to go to heavy. What's the best weight that's similar to an 26oz and 27? In composite.

osufan2k

Addicted to Softballfans
BamBooBat is a great durable wood bat but it runs on the heavy side. If you're looking for a light weight wood bat, go with the Brett Bros Thunder bat. It's also bamboo and comes in a 34/28 and 33/27. Guys on my wood bat team have both bats and love them.

The BamBooBat carries a 100 day warranty. This is the bat I swing in our wood league. For metal, I swing a 27oz bat and have not had any problem swinging the heavier wood bat.

Last edited:

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
Go check out phoenix bats they make some good wood bats in different weight options, and handles and everything. Don't be afraid to go heavy though. You will need that little extra weight to carry the ball. My 31 oz would bat swings in my opinion closer to 28-29oz, I have one with a big taper handle, which I'm sure carries some of the weight of the bat, making the barrel feel lighter on swing.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Evil Bamboom 34-29
evil_bamboom_mock.jpg

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Worth Toxic Wood is a great option and last time I checked carries a one-year warranty. Something to look in to. 34/28.

CTBOH

Coach
...the trick to wood is: take a 5/8 wood bit and drilldown 9 inches. take about five wine bottle corks and stuff em' down...cut off remainder...then sawdust and wood paste the cap, sand, and walla'.......3oz.s gone without "really" effecting the structural integrity of the bat.

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing a Bones Bat... Great bat with great feel... I have swung the evil super great bat. also have swung the toxic i liked it but it felt like the bat flexed...

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Brett Bros is the way to go

THUNDER SOFTBALL BAT $79.00

Brett Bros Official Thunder Softball bat is uniquely designed with a bamboo core and a maple barrel. All of these bats have the patented "Boa Wrap Technology" to increase durability

All ASA Approved.

Our Black SBT Model is available in 32",33" and 34". in a drop 6

Red, Royal Blue, White and Yellow Models are Only available in 33" and 34"

SBT_ROYAL1.jpg

SBT_RED1.jpg

SBT_YELLOW1.jpg

SBT_WHITE%20BAT1.jpg

SBT_BLACK1.jpg

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.

Brett Bros Official Thunder Softball bat is uniquely designed with a bamboo core and a maple barrel. All of these bats have the patented "Boa Wrap Technology" to increase durability

All ASA Approved.

SBT_ROYAL1.jpg

SBT_RED1.jpg

SBT_YELLOW1.jpg

SBT_WHITE%20BAT1.jpg

SBT_BLACK1.jpg

Not trying to be a smartass but is there a wood bat that ISN'T ASA approved? Is there a wood bat that exceeds 98mph or whatever it is ASA uses nowadays?

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

All ASA Approved.

SBT_WHITE%20BAT1.jpg

SBT_BLACK1.jpg

Had a benefit wood bat tournament this past weekend and these two bats above were real nice.

Mac86

Addicted to Softballfans
The Worth Toxic would be a great choice, the two i have bought both weigh in the 27.5 to 27.8 range and as noted have a full one year warranty, thier construction is bamboo covered with wood, they have great graphics and hit very well

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Not trying to be a smartass but is there a wood bat that ISN'T ASA approved? Is there a wood bat that exceeds 98mph or whatever it is ASA uses nowadays?

Technically, yes. For ASA, you have to use a bat that has the ASA logo or one that says "Official Softball".

LStarrasl

Addicted to Softballfans
I got the Louisville Slugger Powerized 125SB, It's got about 300 cuts on it and is starting to open up, but I have to say it was hot out of the wrapper, the first shot I hit was easily 500".

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans

If it doesn't have an ASA stamp it cant be used in an ASA game.