Help with finding a new fastpitch bat for my daughter.

MSCHU24

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I have never spent too much on a bat for my daughter because she was growing out of them too quick to justify it. She has swung a couple combats, catalyst, and right now an old worth m75 that is ready to explode. Now she is starting high school and I want to start looking this off-season for something nice because she is finally swinging a 33/23.

Any advice as to what brands to really concentrate on, and hopefully find a good deal on?

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Demarini CF8
Louisville Slugger Xeno or LXT
Easton Ghost- not legal for USSSA though

Demarini and LS are what nearly every girl swings around us. See a few Easton Makos, too.

MSCHU24

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I am a little nervous about the Ghost being a little different and possibly being banned. So it would have to be a GREAT deal on one for me to get that.
I have narrowed it down to looking for a xeno, LXT, or a demarini. There are just too many choices with the CF's to know which one I want for her (balanced for sure though).

Also I have read that the Xeno is usually a little heavier than stickered...anyone find that true? Trying to decide if I should look for -11 or stay with -10.

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a little nervous about the Ghost being a little different and possibly being banned. So it would have to be a GREAT deal on one for me to get that.
I have narrowed it down to looking for a xeno, LXT, or a demarini. There are just too many choices with the CF's to know which one I want for her (balanced for sure though).

Also I have read that the Xeno is usually a little heavier than stickered...anyone find that true? Trying to decide if I should look for -11 or stay with -10.

Some HS leagues will not let you swing a -11, might want to check before you go that route.

cfree3434

We recently purchased a CF8 slapper for our girls to swing and it is smoking right now. A lot of teams around here swing cf8s and for good reason. Ball doesn't seem to jump as well off the xeno's or lxt's that ive seen.

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
Do have any links to these types of rules? Would love to see how they come up with a ridiculous rule like that.

Not sure of a link but when my daughter was in HS (4 years ago) they were illegal. Same with college, though it was not D-1 it was an independent (NWAC).

yahtzee3

I can get any of the new DeMarini and Louisville FP bats NIW, let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Speed Demon

Part Time Player
My 12yo daughters (twins) swing a 31in, 20oz CF8 in their league. The bat is 2 years old and it quickly became the team's favorite. I'm not sure about LS or Easton's, but that CF8 is straight fire!

brewcrew5

WHOOP!!
My DD had swung Xenos since they have been out. She even had the OneX before it busted. Now she loves the LXT line. She wants to try the PXT , but she a power hitter and swings a 34-10 as a freshman. She tried Demarini , but she claimed she couldnt feel if she hit the ball hard or not. She claimed it was too soft.