Help would be appreciated

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
I started going backside quite a bit mid way through last year after being a strictly pull hitter. But lately i've noticed that whenever i do try to pull the ball i hit everything off the handle it ends up just being a lil ***** hit. Can anyone help with why this keeps happening? Thanks board bros!:D

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
Its all about pitch recognition and knowing what you are going to do before you even start your swing

Try releasing your wrists a little more. I had the same problem, but when releasing my wrists on pull hits they tend to be better contact on the sweetspot

UAW34

Addicted to Softballfans
sounds to me like you may be leaning in when you try to pull take video of yourself to see what your doing wrong. This should give you a better idea of how to fix the problem

jschaeff23

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the same problem once. Was striding toward the plate instead of back at the pitcher. Check your stride.

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
sounds to me like you may be leaning in when you try to pull take video of yourself to see what your doing wrong. This should give you a better idea of how to fix the problem

thanks sir, who do you play with in cincy, that's where i live.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
You're probably not making contact out in front of the plate, and getting the barrel on the ball. You're going oppo by letting the ball get a little deeper, but when the ball gets that far deep you won't be able to pull it. Get the hands out front quicker, and make contact out in front.

Benny775

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds to me like a timing problem. Go hit a round of BP tomorrow and then report back..............

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah i went and hit before a round robin last night, and i figured it out, I was still stepping toward right field on inside pitches. But I changed it before the round robin, and was definitely making a lot better contact by just stepping normal towards the pitcher. But thanks guys for the advice!