Here she is! Spalding Pro Select

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i think that most of us relaced pretty much immediately just because we wanted a different web and at the price you could get the glove, a relace didn't make it too costly.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The original laces will last a long time. But they just don't feel like most of us think high quality lace should feel.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Thanks for the info, I have a 1st base on it's way and was wondering about laces also.

One51

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone gamed this glove with the original laces? Is it a must to relace them?

I've been using 1B mitt and the 12.75" with the original laces. Both have been fine. Palm lace is pretty thin but doesn't get much stress. Web and fingers are fine.

MaverickAH

The original laces will last a long time. But they just don't feel like most of us think high quality lace should feel.

The original laces are solid. Examination of them & of other gloves with similar type lace has led me to the following conclusion:

When I inspect the lacing on the Spalding Pro Select, I strongly suspect that it is also made from kip leather & put through a dying process to get it all black. It's quite possible that this process is what gives it its 'feel'. Pair that along with the tight grain nature of kip & you have lace that a lot of people question. It just feels different & will take a long time to loosen up.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 13" and used it all year with no issues with the strings. I really like how it feels. I am sending the second one I bought out for a new web and relace just to see if there is a big difference.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Cool, thanks for the responses guys...I got one coming tomorrow and I'm probably gonna try it out stock because I can always relace it if I don't like it...I can't to try this glove out

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
still gaming both of mine and they are my choice of gloves. could have traded my 13" for a A1K this weekend but couldn't let go....

My first Spalding I bought was a 12". I bought it just to check out how it is and to use it as a beater. My first initial thought was that it was really stiff and made of decent leather (which is what I love.) I beat the hell out of it and I used it for a couple of games and I fell in love. It replaced my gamer for 3rd base. After using it for a few weeks I wanted to see how the bigger model was, because my outfield gamer needed a rest, and since I got my first one for a great price I thought "What the hell" and started bidding on a 12.75" and a 13". I won the 12.75" for cheap and when I got it, I thought it was great. Same glove but bigger. The only thing I can say is that the laces on the bigger one wear faster than the 12". It broke in fast and the laces were pretty loose. Which was weird because my 12" is still stiff as a board. But I still love both gloves equally. After having both gloves for a while I decided to go for a 1b mitt. I didn't have a 1b mitt and thought why not, because 1) You can get it cheap, and 2) Just to have in case of need for a team mate, my little brother, or for myself. After I got the 1b mitt It feels like the stiffest one. Haven't gamed it yet because I don't play 1st, but once and a while I'll play catch with it, and it is nice.

I got all my gloves on eBay Auctions.
12" Won for $35.
12.75" Won for $48
1B mitt won for $39

After having them for a bit now I would gladly pay double for what I paid for them because they are wonderful gloves. But I think I'll stick to auctions lol.

DatDuke

Just picked a 12" here for $50 from a forum bro. good investment, its my rainy dates glove playing catch with my son, took it to the beach, played catch with it, perfect, I didnt care if sand get into the glove, the back is excellent, but the hand stall is a bit too soft for my liking, feels cheap inside. But for $50. I cant complain too much.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
just retired my web swapped 13" as the internals were starting to fall apart. finger stalls started separating.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
My 13” made its way back to me...still stock and broken in...game got rained out so couldn’t game it this week...we’ll see if this is gonna be a keeper...still debating on a relace...mainly what colors i wanna do...for sure i’ll do some internal swaps if i break it apart...

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
just came across this, did you end up with a re-lace? like to see it... I re-laced mine last summer and still gaming it!

Gladzilla

Extra Hitter
Just bought one and had it relaced, guy that relaced it said the leather is not so good. Anyone else feel like its not a good buy at its original price of 180-200?

mlbcheung

Super late to the party, but I just picked up a new 12.75" glove and a 1B mitt. :rolleyes:

Gloves are very squeaky when you move them about, close them, etc. This goes away once they're broken-in, I assume? Or is the creaking noise from the laces/leather being too dry and I need to condition? Thanks!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
share a picture. the leather felt nice and stiff but the finger stalls were fabric and ended up wearing out on mine. i got a whole lot of use out of it though.