Here she is! Spalding Pro Select

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I bought the 1b mitt, just got it in the mail. Original thought was "what a piece of ****!" I got it for $42 so I shouldnt complain. The padding feels non existent and the pattern is just awkward on the hand. Im dunking it now, ill keep you all updated.

worthy579

Addicted to Softballfans
If anyone has a 12.75" or 13" one that they are looking to get rid I am looking to pick one of these up.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I just got one of the catchers mitts. It was dried out warehouse stiff, not happy Horween stiff. Made a creaking door sound when I tried to close it. Put a coat of Wilson conditioner on it, hope it responds to it.

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought the 1b mitt, just got it in the mail. Original thought was "what a piece of ****!" I got it for $42 so I shouldnt complain. The padding feels non existent and the pattern is just awkward on the hand. Im dunking it now, ill keep you all updated.

That was my first impression as well. I didn't care for the pattern and hates the closed back. I dunked mine too, didn't change a thing for me.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is what I did with a 13" trap. Instead of a $35 web for a swap, I just used a $10 bar and worked with the original trap.

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's what it looked like before and after relace and web swap. Holy holes to many to cover....lol... I definitely had a hard time with this. I tried doing some weaving but it looked to bulky so I said screw it I can live with the holes... Dumb Noob..lol... I wanted the web to be more of a green, but i dont thi k it looks bad for a first timer... Tell me what yall think brothas...

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
like it! looks yellow... I have a complex and couldn't take seeing the empty holes! lol I love my spaldings and will have them for a long time to come...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Da Bay Bro. Mine is almost game raedy but, I have the exact same pattern in a Capire Japanese kip and it may get games first, LOL.

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
Just won a 1b mitt for $52 total, should get it in a couple days. I'm not doing a web swap but do you guys recommend a re-lace?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
On a first base mitt, you could easily get away with just relacing the web. Most of the rest of the laces are just holding things together.

I've only web swapped 4 first base mitts. Since the web on these it fully detachable, it would be an excellent candidate, but the web on there now is normal and accepted for mitts.

Dan

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Just won a 1b mitt for $52 total, should get it in a couple days. I'm not doing a web swap but do you guys recommend a re-lace?

A relace is pretty much going to double your investment. If you know you love the mitt, go ahead and get a relace. If you are not sure and might sell it in two months, don't bother until you know.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
That's a good looking glove bro!

Here's what it looked like before and after relace and web swap. Holy holes to many to cover....lol... I definitely had a hard time with this. I tried doing some weaving but it looked to bulky so I said screw it I can live with the holes... Dumb Noob..lol... I wanted the web to be more of a green, but i dont thi k it looks bad for a first timer... Tell me what yall think brothas...

jobondur

Addicted to Softballfans
I got the 1b mitt and am thinking about re-lacing it myself. What widths and lengths of lace do I need?

oveezy

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks bros... I'm willing to part with it if you are interested.... I have a bigger hand and I can't use the glove TIP the hand stall is to small.... I really like it. The pocket is deep just a tad bit small. $85 shipped as gift or add fees..