Any Hiring umps

Riendogg14

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking to rent out a local township ballpark for a tournament this summer. I've never done this before, and wondering how to go about getting umps for the tourney. How much do you pay them? How do I find them?

This is more of a benefit tourney, so no sanctioned play or anything like that. Just having a good time.

The tournament will be in West Michigan.

Let me know! Thanks.

gatesnapper

Addicted to Softballfans
ask you league umps from other leagues. if your league has a website, ususally you can find the ump director # on there.

i dont ump softball but expect to pay 20-35 a game. sound about right umps?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
ask you league umps from other leagues. if your league has a website, ususally you can find the ump director # on there.

i dont ump softball but expect to pay 20-35 a game. sound about right umps?

I guess so, yep. Depends on if they're doing 1-umpire or 2-umpire games.

MrEye

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds about right around here for 1 man crews.

Talk to the League Directors in the area. Maybe make up a flyer specifically looking for umps.

You might be able to find some umps that are willing to donate their time depending on the benefit cause.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Make sure your umpire knows whether the tournament is "sanctioned" or not. If it is not, you may find some umpires less willing to work the games, because their insurance may not cover them. Additionally, if it is not sanctioned, the umpire probably will not be able to wear his "official" uniform.

Just a couple things to consider.