Hitting Tee Recommendations?

lakeyale13

Manager
Looking for some help. Just got back in to the sport after a good 5-6 year lay off. Purchased a cheap Tee and leg has already broken after using 6 times. Anyone have any recommendations for a Tee? Looking for one that actually elevates high enough to mimic a softball "level" of a pitch too. Thanks so much everyone!!!

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for some help. Just got back in to the sport after a good 5-6 year lay off. Purchased a cheap Tee and leg has already broken after using 6 times. Anyone have any recommendations for a Tee? Looking for one that actually elevates high enough to mimic a softball "level" of a pitch too. Thanks so much everyone!!!
You might need to explain what broke. Assuming it's the part you hit, maybe try rigging up a pool noodle or pipe insulation as the part the ball sits on. It's cheap to replace when it wears out.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
PVC. I've used the same one for the last 6 years (I've probably replaced every part at least once) and it just works. Breaks down to fit in my bag and it was cheap. $10-15 and you're in business.

4xtra

Player/Coach
http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/double-tee-set-up.1449024/#post-18986520
upload_2018-4-5_0-56-14-png.46454

4xtra

Player/Coach
With PVC, you can get all the parts for about $15.
You do not even need a PVC pipe cutter.
Use a sharp hunting knife to get a starter cut and then bend it until it seperates.
made several for people and they are all holding up well..

You need
PVC pipe, Elbow sections and a 3 or 4 way open end piece
Pipe Insulation
Duct tape
and this for $8
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

dunkky

i have tanner one and diy one. i found myself using diy one more and more for two reasons.

one, i made it, using it make me feel good.
two, height adjustment is more versatile.

ShortYellowBus

I made a PVC tee for $5, and I use it way more frequently than I thought I ever would.

It’s way more accessible to me because it easily breaks down to fit, including the spare parts, in a supermarket sized bag.

It’s better than the more expensive stuff I’ve bought because it can go anywhere. Under the trunk mat of my car is a space it lays flush in, so all I need for lunchtime BP is to quickly grab a bucket of balls and a bat.

It’s a must have.

lakeyale13

Manager
Get a tanner tee they are awesome and don't require a trip to the hardware store

I got the Tanner Tee. My father can build a Harley from nothing and a house from the ground up. Personally, I struggle with leggos. Went with a purchase and an easy fix. LOL Thanks for the input though fellas!!!

Killarney

Honestly I am a plumber and the materials for a homemade tee cost me literally nothing and I still have a tanner tee. To each there own. Height wise if you want a bit of extra height you can buy a 1" steel pipe and a coupling at home depot that will let it go as high as you want

arther itis

payin' to get paid
I use this for the top piece and it holds up EXTREMELY well.
Got the idea from someone on SBF.
Its a milk liner. I connect this to a pipe insulator sleeve and use zip locks to secure it.
This will allow it to be adjustable in regards to height
gascoigne-1030-liner-milkingmachineliners.ie_.jpg

r8dr_rider

I got one from Big 5 for $20. The tee part is rubber so if you hit it it doesn’t break. I place it on a five gallon bucket (homer bucket) and get enough height to mirror slowpitch

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
The new generation of portable tees are really good..including the tanner tee. Id suggest looking at the Gtee as well. It comes apart and fits in your ball bag and is well made. We use them in the swing makeover show and they last forever. We dont sell or get a kickback but gtee offers 10% discount if you order direct and use swing makeover code. Get the tall version if you buy one. We never use the weight plate on the tees, because the top is so flexible they never tip. www.thegtee.com Seriously you will never have to buy another tee..keep out of the rain though.

hitsone

I found a used music stand at good will. It was a strong one. I took the music holder off and replaced it with pipe insulation. I now have a Tee that is adjustible, lightweight and fits into a bat sleeve on my bat pack.
Gave that one away when I found a cymbal stand, much stronger and made a Tee out of that.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
I found a used music stand at good will. It was a strong one. I took the music holder off and replaced it with pipe insulation. I now have a Tee that is adjustible, lightweight and fits into a bat sleeve on my bat pack.
Gave that one away when I found a cymbal stand, much stronger and made a Tee out of that.
Why not leave the cymbal on it..then each time you swing, you get a nice tang lol