Hitting tips

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Hello everyone been using the same batting stance for years. I keep my stance closed so my back I almost completely facing the third baseman that way I don’t pull off the ball. I’m just looking for some advice from you all. Thanks in advance feel free to be criticizing anything you see. Thanks in advance. This video is from a homerun derby 6 weeks ago. I must warn you in advance we use the Clincher softball which I know as the mush ball. Thanks in advance.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That stance seems to be inhibiting your ability to pull the ball. Your feet are a little jittery and you don't quite look like you're getting into the proper position to really launch the ball. Also, you're uppercutting pretty severely. I'd worry less about the stance and more about flattening your swing out and putting more spin on the ball.

IMO the last swing on the vid is the best one.

tonys1

Your hands start high, dip and then end up somewhere in between when you swing. I'm no swing analysis guru, but I can't imagine that this helps.

whunt_29720

I was waiting to see one hit that bridge! I'm not a swing guru either but one thing I noticed is it looks like your hips open up too soon in several of the swings. I was hoping to see your left leg come in first to load the weight on your right leg but it looks like the first move with your left leg is the stride and hips opened up. It looks like you're getting good bat lag as the hands are coming through first. That next to last swing around the 0:55 or 0:56 mark looks to be your best swing as your weight stayed back until your contact with the ball. You look like a strong athletic guy so I bet if you worked on some things you'd be hitting the ball 400'.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
toni1 thanks I really have to address that.

Whunt_29720 Thank you for the break down didn’t really realize I wasn’t doing that.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
You look like a strong athletic guy so I bet if you worked on some things you'd be hitting the ball 400'.

By athletic, did you mean black? Because he does look black, but I didn't see anything particular athletic looking.

Last edited:

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m not upset I’ve been on this page for years everyone has a opinion good bad & ugly. At the age of 47 living in New York my feelings don’t get hurt it’s my joints and ligaments that really hurt. Listen Fleet as long as people are still asking me to play on their teams and I’m still batting 4 or 5th in the lineup. Or when I sub for a team and they bat me 4th in their lineup I’m still doing pretty damn good. I’m not mike trout never claimed to be. But when I can hit a softball 320ft I don’t have to be. I just have to jog around the bases.

blakcherry329

I’m not upset I’ve been on this page for years everyone has a opinion good bad & ugly. At the age of 47 living in New York my feelings don’t get hurt it’s my joints and ligaments that really hurt. Listen Fleet as long as people are still asking me to play on their teams and I’m still batting 4 or 5th in the lineup. Or when I sub for a team and they bat me 4th in their lineup I’m still doing pretty damn good. I’m not mike trout never claimed to be. But when I can hit a softball 320ft I don’t have to be. I just have to jog around the bases.
No off of me.;)

FLEET

bowling ball nut swanga

i feel you mang, ain't nothing wrong with wanting to improve your game. i just think there's some things that shouldn't be fixed if they're not that badly broken.