hitting tire?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
Anyone have any easy plans on making a hitting tire? I'd like to make it portable (to a point) so I can throw it in the backyard. Ideally mounted through a pole so it will spin.

RLead

The ONE!
I always considered doing it and sort of forgot about it, however the house that we bought has a hole in backyard made for a clothesline. I should take advantage of that and put a tire on a pipe that will fit in hole.

second2noone

i had something like this for baseball. It builds strength for your swing. Kind of like hitting a basketball too.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember doing this my freshman year in high school and I would always have sore wrists after working on the tire

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
been a drill for as long as i've been able to hold a bat. i remember doing it as a kid.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the tire on the pole that rotates as you hit through it but it was cemented in the ground. My father built it for me and my brother ten years or so ago but can't find the plans for it.

goodfella51

Addicted to Softballfans
I started hitting my punching bag(not wife)last winter and over the last couple months and I can tell a really big difference in power.

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
I started hitting my punching bag(not wife)last winter and over the last couple months and I can tell a really big difference in power.

I was thinking of doing this. What kind of bat would one use for this? Old metal, wood, composite. Thinking of getting an Easton Hammer just for this.

DSNuts48

Badass
I find you have a better result if you make a hitting tire swing. If you make solid contact it will swing forward, and if you don't it will spin.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine is set up where the tire is bolted to the pole on the side not the middle so you really have to drive through the tire to get it to rotate. I think hitting a tire on the ground with a sledge would build more strength but the tire like this is more like swinging a weight before your at-bat so you wouldn't be going right up to bat so I'm not sure what the benefit is. I'll have to look for a picture of it.