HK Mizuno Crush

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Why is this bat not talked about more??? I got one in yesterday and took it out. My goodness. I will put the film together this weekend, but I might need to find a couple more of these.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Is the HK made any differently than the regular Crush?

I swung the Crush the first time it was released, but might not have kept it long enough to get a solid comparison. This HK model was incredible to swing last night. I was impressed.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Is the HK made any differently than the regular Crush?

I swung the Crush the first time it was released, but might not have kept it long enough to get a solid comparison. This HK model was incredible to swing last night. I was impressed.

I have zero experience with the HK exclusive, but a lot of guys around here swung the regular versions last season. They are right there with anything Miken and Worth has put out. Mizuno just doesn't do the hype-work and promotion that more popular brands do.

Redsfan

Mizuno is Japanese. The Japanese companies don't like to brag about themselves like other companies do. I work in the Motorsports industry. It's the same way there.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Mizuno is Japanese. The Japanese companies don't like to brag about themselves like other companies do. I work in the Motorsports industry. It's the same way there.

The company is Japanese-owned but I'd imagine that the American and Canadian divisions are responsible for their own marketing.

If you go to Mizuno's US website, they list running, golf, baseball, softball (fastpitch), and volleyball as separate sports while slowpitch is lumped in a list under "other sports". I think that's very telling. Slowpitch softball is probably responsible for a only a tiny fraction of Mizuno's total sales.

dunkky

whole asia, i would say. they think it's adult t-ball. but if they can change their mindset, this can be pretty entertaining rec sport.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
I posted this video and review to my YouTube page. Out of respect for the board rules, i cannot post it here because it is technically an exclusive from another company.

We hit only Classic Ms and the temps were in the mid 60s. We had a 27 and 26oz during the session. Both performed extremely well and all guys swinging them loved their performance. The 27oz developed a rattle towards the end of the night so durability might still be out on these bats. I’ll update if anything changes. Very impressed with this bat.

dunkky

i grew up in japan...nothing will replace baseball. ever.
true to that. but it's all their mindset. they(recreational guys) are playing baseball for two reasons. one, they don't even know what softball is, once explained, they think it's child's play. two, they don't have enough facilities. they only have a few baseball fields, that's about it. As someone from that culture i know that very well. And i used to think it same way. i brought a former korean baseball player to a softball game, he was like, wtf is this, it's a Tee ball? he went 1/4 that night and realized it's same but very different ball game.

dunkky

here u go, let me be the guy who violates the rule. technically, i am not cuz i am not reviewing, i am just sharing internet resource as 3rd person. there's a big difference. lol

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
good powerful swing, any chance you gonna swing omega II or omega og?

I believe that is an ASA stick and the only sanctions I play in are Utrip, NSA, and Freedom, when I play. I doubt I'll get to an Omega. Hopefully the BP Hero can roll one of those out. He does much more ASA stuff than I ever will.

dunkky

last guy swinging, what oz he swinging? he seems to have insane bat speed. the balls just explode off of his bat like missiles.

4xtra

Player/Coach
every time i say i'm done buying, another bat shows up :/

Hate it when that happens
but there are some crazy deals out here in the off season.
Bought a Easton L6 for $20 and yesterday got a Solo Z Dually for $35
I think I might be a compulsive shopper.
ls-solo-z-dually-action-png.55266

Attachments

• ls solo z dually action.PNG
    ls solo z dually action.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
I posted this video and review to my YouTube page. Out of respect for the board rules, i cannot post it here because it is technically an exclusive from another company.

We hit only Classic Ms and the temps were in the mid 60s. We had a 27 and 26oz during the session. Both performed extremely well and all guys swinging them loved their performance. The 27oz developed a rattle towards the end of the night so durability might still be out on these bats. I’ll update if anything changes. Very impressed with this bat.

I'm not sure how the HK differs from the regular 19' crush but I swung my mine today and was also pleasantly surprised and impressed. First 20 swings were a bit tight but man it started opening up and the ball just kept coming off harder and harder! Barrel feels great. To me the barrel and sound remind me very much of 1000+ hit L1 or L2. Very solid, nice sweet spot, definitive sharp crack on contact. Very excited to see what this bat does in the next 100 swings!