Hottest bat swung out of wrapper...

jav21

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure this has been discussed before but based on recent experiences let's hear them...for me it was white two piece psycho and blue 4tf.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
2013 Derby Boy's Utrip or probably Freak 30. The original May120 was pretty good for that in it's day too, but not like today's bats.

LoudMouf

Starting Player
My 2016 Ressy Legit was pretty fire out of the wrapper.

But the best bat of the wrapper to me has to be my red knob white DC41. That bat has ripped it since day one.

blakcherry329

Original grey miken ultra

I know my Ultra II was a turd out of the wrapper. It was the first composite I ever bought, so I didn't know about the break in period. lol It took a few bp sessions, then it just opened up. I think I heard Harps and Angels singing:thumb::thumb::thumb: It was so good, it was a 30oz and everyone on 2 teams used it...in Modified leagues.:wtf2:

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
balanced black and silver z1000

first swing out of the wrapper with a 44/400 was 375' back in the day

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i vote none. some are ok out of the wrapper, but i've never had one where i was like whoa, this is hot out of the wrapper. never.

Dan411

Star Player
i vote none. some are ok out of the wrapper, but i've never had one where i was like whoa, this is hot out of the wrapper. never.

As far as what I have swung, I would have to agree with this statement for the most part. The only two bats that I have owned that I thought about gaming out of the wrapper would be the 2014 Aftermath or the Freak 30.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
For me it was the red/black Psycho Maxload. Unwrapped it, took to a tourney, first ball no doubter. Second ball, 1/2 swing off the top rail, 3rd AB it was no where to be found because the rest of the team hid it from me. (only got 1HR for the tourney)

Dogue

Evil Genius
But the best bat of the wrapper to me has to be my red knob white DC41. That bat has ripped it since day one.
That gets my vote too. It was loud and tinny but the ball was coming off crazy. Honestly, I don't know that mine ever got much hotter but it's much quieter now.

single wally

Professional Amateur

Agreed, ASA Demars and Utrip Mikens have been the best out of the wrapper for me, but they still have taken some BP before I'd consider them game ready, 100-200 hits for those vs 300-500 or more for others. The hottest for me were the OG DC41 for Utrip (both red knob and RI) and 2013 black and gold OG AM for ASA.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I've bought so few new bats it's hard to remember. Wrath98. The sparkly color-change Combat B1.

Someone brought an OG Freak+ to ISA States. Years ago, when it had just come out. Not shaved. The wrapper was still completely intact. Still shiny and it was the best bat at the complex. Would love to have seen it after a few thousands swings.