How’s that TechFire Fury hit compared to a doublewall bat?

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
Bonsai Aluminum is banned in a lot of metal bat leagues
Fury had a smaller sweet spot compared to the Rage and Crush IMO
SMOKE

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Because "Bonsai Aluminum" isn't strictly aluminum; it's an aluminum wall with composite bonded to the inside and outside. The USA Softball approved bat list categorizes ALL Techfire models as composite bats and using one in an alloy-only league would be blatantly cheating.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Because "Bonsai Aluminum" isn't strictly aluminum; it's an aluminum wall with composite bonded to the inside and outside. The USA Softball approved bat list categorizes ALL Techfire models as composite bats and using one in an alloy-only league would be blatantly cheating.

Wow, interesting.

Thank you for this. It’s not on my leagues banned list so I’m really surprised.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Wow, interesting.

Thank you for this. It’s not on my leagues banned list so I’m really surprised.

These bats have been causing issues for years. Not only do they say "aluminum" right on the bat, Mizuno claimed in their marketing that because the composite and aluminum layers were bonded together, the bat was also a singlewall.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
These bats have been causing issues for years. Not only do they say "aluminum" right on the bat, Mizuno claimed in their marketing that because the composite and aluminum layers were bonded together, the bat was also a singlewall.

Is this to say the bat is superior to a metal double wall bat in performance?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Is this to say the bat is superior to a metal double wall bat in performance?

This would depend on who you ask.. imo no not at all but there may be someone out there that will say different

When fully broken in, the OG Techfire, Fury, Rage, and OG Crush were on par with any other early 2000's ASA composite. That's when fully broken in though, they need a serious beating to get to that point. Most people gave up on them too early.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fury and crush didn't take as long as the earlier models, but yes to the op, they're hotter than double walls.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
The only double wall bat I loved as much as the Fury and Crush was the TPS Gen1X. All 3 of those were a blast to swing!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
When fully broken in, the OG Techfire, Fury, Rage, and OG Crush were on par with any other early 2000's ASA composite. That's when fully broken in though, they need a serious beating to get to that point. Most people gave up on them too early.

The breaking glass sound is a beautiful thing:cool:o_O

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy i played with had a trunk load of the crush i remember getting to the park for a tourney and dude opens his trunk grabs one and a rubber mallet smacks it 3 or 4 time and i hear the glass, i looked at him like (huh) he said now its ready to go. Those were the days!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I liked the Fury a lot. Short barrel, very endloaded. I'd say the Fury hits as well as any ASA bat out today. The sweetspot was pretty small though. Granted, I used the Fury in the days when balls were often .44 or .47 525s. I'm not sure how the Fury does on .52 300s. At the time I swung it, the Fury was the hottest bat I owned.

Durability wasn't great. The Fury was built to perform, not to last. Furies will wave or crack fairly easily.

I also swung the Mizuno Rage, but the Fury was hotter.

Blur was the biggest piece of garbage I've probably ever swung. Mizuno struck out with that one.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I liked the Fury a lot. Short barrel, very endloaded. I'd say the Fury hits as well as any ASA bat out today. The sweetspot was pretty small though. Granted, I used the Fury in the days when balls were often .44 or .47 525s. I'm not sure how the Fury does on .52 300s. At the time I swung it, the Fury was the hottest bat I owned.

Durability wasn't great. The Fury was built to perform, not to last. Furies will wave or crack fairly easily.

Blur was the biggest piece of garbage I've probably ever swung. Mizuno struck out with that one.

We played league with a team that had a very well broken in Blur, and it was unreal how far people were hitting balls with it. I can't attest if it was on the up and up or if it was ready to break.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
^^^ That's the way Blurs were. Thousands of swings with no improvement, then they suddenly got stupid hot and were only good for 100 or so swings before they broke.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
^^^ That's the way Blurs were. Thousands of swings with no improvement, then they suddenly got stupid hot and were only good for 100 or so swings before they broke.

Yeah. I gave up on it and traded it. The Blur had no sweet spot, and rattled my hands bad on every hit. It felt like hitting balls with a wood bat.

I've swung Eastons that were similar. Nothing for like 1500 swings, suddenly nuclear hot for 100, then they break.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes

Have you ever compared the Crush to the Rage and Fury?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Have you ever compared the Crush to the Rage and Fury?

For me, Crush was the best of the bunch, then Fury, then Rage.

Longer Barrel on the Crush put the sweetspot right where I liked to hit it.

I was actually shocked when all of the 100 mph bats were banned and we could still hit the Crush and Fury. They were either tested fresh out of the wrapper or they were borderline illegal.

First time I heard that sound we were hitting on a field that had the snack. Shack in center field. We were coming up 10-15 short in BP, next swing went over it. It was literally that much change when the inner wall came loose.

They did have an issue with denting but sometimes you hit it on the other side and it would pop out again.

I remember a guy on here that used to heat roll them and they came back well broken in and seemed to last longer.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I picked one up with a wave and it looks like it’s just a paint crack (no vibration sound when I tap it on concrete).

I look forward to actually hitting it and seeing what I think.